fiber arts!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, Jun 3, 2015.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

if i try to list all my wips i'm gonna cry (doing commission orders, knitting-ahead-for-babies, building up store stock, AND trying to stick to my resolutions re: sweaters for the whole family), but I *did* finish something today

IMG_20170615_181214994.jpg

one of my fastest knits ever, a gift for one of my dear friends for her wedding on Saturday
    it's blocking in the bedroom right now
    ravelry project link with more notes here

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  2. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

All I'm getting is a circle with a minus sign, sorry :(

3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

huh, it was showing up fine for me before but NOW it's a circle with a minus sign... why are images so weird on this site

4. paladinkit

ughhhhhhhhh........

okay, link replaced with an uploaded file. and if it's still not showing, that and all other images are visible on the project link, which has been updated to be publicly visible

5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I can see it now! So pretty!!

• Like x 1
  6. paladinkit

update - it blocked so well

(note: trying something different for photo links, bc i'm trying to not have to download literally every image from cloud storage just to upload it again. lmk how it works)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 2
  7. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

@Kit the pictures are loading fine for me, so whatever you did seems to have worked. The shawl turned out gorgeous, and I love it.

8. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

Finished a pair of socks made out of a mystery skein of yarn that has been in my stash for years.

[​IMG]

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
  9. DylanKat

DylanKat idontknowwhatimdoing.jpg

I have no idea wtf is going on here, I'm trying to work up the back of a sweater for my daughter and you can literally see where I set it down a few days ago before picking it up today and all of today's work is just so ugly??? Where did my plaid go???

EDIT I cant remember how i got the photos up last time this is a pain
    EDIT2 future me, just fuckin right click view image ya walnut

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. DylanKat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. DylanKat

the plaid just, fucken, glitched out of existence!!! and i dont know why!! or if froggin it will fix it!!! :wtf::argh:

12. Alaspooralice

Alaspooralice An actual trash fire

It looks pretty anyway :0

• Like x 1
  13. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

My first thought was starry nights sweater!

• Like x 1
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Were you doing the planned pooling thing? Because from what I understand, stitch tightness/I can't remember the correct terminology can affect how your pattern comes out. So if your tension (THAT'S THE WORD) changed because you were knitting slightly differently, that might explain it.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  15. DylanKat

Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty restricted to mobile. I wasn't trying to do planned pooling, because I'd never heard of it, but when I started to get plaid I wasn't about to just not make the whole thing plaid, y'know? I did rip it back, and with a few episodes of angry trial and error, I'm back on track to get plaid!!

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  16. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

starling finally done. i blasted through the entirety of the all black areas in one very long sitting, literally stitching for so long that i woke up the next day feeling like i had gone to the gym and did nothing but pull ups the night before. then i quickly got through the colored bits... and proceeded to have life smack me in the face over and over again for like 3 weeks before i could get the backstitching done. but it's finally done and in a frame and now it can sit in a tub under the table until i figure out what i want to do with all these things i'm making.

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 5
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

0714170003_crop_335x1053.jpg
    Made a Prospit/Derse inspired bracelet... I'm out of practice so it's kind funky.

Edit it's meant to be a keychain, not a bracelet, I do not have wrists that tiny

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
  18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I MADE SOME MORE SNEK PILLOS

Only three of them so far, but if they sell alright there'll be more upcoming. Probably not yet available internationally, since they're bulky AF and overseas P&P will be like £10 + which I don't feel is fair ontop of the current price :/

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  19. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I love them!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Baby haaaat! I started and finished it at the family bbq >:D

IMG_4007.JPG

Chroma twist is still great, and with the simple pattern from purl soho i used, it only took a couple hours! :D

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice