Fiction Update Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Lizardlicks, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Fuck it, I'm gonna start a thread for posting updates on my fic WIPs both as notification for y'all when new fics or chapters go up and as a form of accountability to try and keep my output as least a little bit consistent. Also feel free to post questions or comments here since tumblr has devolved into a festering sewage pit that is on fire (as opposed to the regular sewer pit it used to be) and does everything in its power to make communication impossible.

• Like x 2
  2. Lizardlicks

Current WIP list

NEW: I'm not a skillful water carrier, but I've learned to carry love A Butterfly flap AU where Gyatso managed to convince the Southern Air Temple elders to delay telling Aang he's the Avatar for one more year. We pick up in canon timeline with the Watertribe sibs to see how this has affected them...

• Part three of Cold is the Night Canon divergent AU, Iroh is forced to leave an ill and injured Zuko in the hands of the Southern Water Tribe in order to save his life.
    • Part two of I Thought That I Knew Love (but it was Just a Wave Crashing Over Us) Post canon Zukki, the Fire Lord's Head of Security and Southern Watertribe diplomat plot to woo him. (Two planned sequels)
    • Untitled Dragon!Zuko fic completely unrelated to the selkie!Sokka one because idk it's fun to turn him into a dragon.
    • WIP title Grand Theft Apps (actual title will probably be 'Mid the fire and the embers) Turn left AU where Zuko doesn't follow Azula to Aang in The Chase but instead finds Appa in the Circus in Appa's Lost Days and steals him with vague plans about capturing the Avatar. Plans are entirely derailed as him and Appa bond.
    • Untitled Selkie!Sokka fic (with planned Dragon!Zuko sequel)
    • Like Theseus' Ship (We'll Fix the Broken Bits) following Zuko trying to cope with suddenly being the Fire Lord immediately post show (not comics compliant)
    • Hair Brained (Vaguely Zukka hair braiding fic)
    • [Untitled Soulmark AU] (Zukka) what it says on the tin and I'm SO MAD ABOUT IT I hate soulmate/mark AU's why does this fandom make me want to WRITE ONE
    • [Untitled sickfic] Zuko gets actually sick post Boiling Rock. He's about as good at convalescing as you'd expect.
    • Finger Deep within the Borderline (Zukki)(BDSM/painplay) Zuko has some wires crossed in his head with pain and reward. After Sokka catches Zuko self harming, he offers a different solution.
    • Chapter 4 of We're the kids that wanna play with the dead Monster Prom fic focusing on Brian Yu and how he formed his friendships with the rest of the main characters.
    • Cronkri pegging fic with @mcsiggy
    • Part two of the beating of his hideous heart
    • Part two of Royal Flush
    • Chapter 11 of Sour Candy
    • Part three of Baubles and Other fine Things (Sollux's turn for angst)
    • Fish Stew (erikar sicfic) (one shot)
    • Speak the Word (probably a one shot)
    • We All Fall Down (cronkri h/c) (one shot)

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Informative x 2
  3. Lizardlicks

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like x 2
  4. Lizardlicks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Winner x 2
  5. Lizardlicks

One of the hardest things is that a good chunk of my fics are stuck at characters having heart-bearing, emotionally draining conversations. They eat spoons to write even though I'm still having fun writing them. It's really engaging brain work but it needs me to be at full capacity and I am. Not. Most of the time.

• Witnessed x 4
  6. Lizardlicks

(I was pulling out my heart so I could pin it to my sleeve, on display for you to see- I'm on display...)

7. Lizardlicks

Bunny Corral

Bunny 1.
    A:tLA A/B/O fic. Fuck you for making me want to write another A/B/O fic Avatar fandom, I HATE A/B/O god damn it. EVERYONE WRITES ZUKO AS A STUPID USELESS WHINY WAIF AND SOKKA AS A BIG DICK SWINGING HE-MAN well fuck you I'm sick of it!
    So set up is Zuko hits his first heat cycle while he's banished to the ship like half way in and practically corners one of the crewmates before Iroh intervened and pulled him off. took him back to his room gave him some calm the fuck down medicinal tea and it's been under control since then
    untiiiiil he's running around like a feral dumbass with the rest of the GAang, and guess what! No handy uncle, no access to the palace kitchen store rooms and whoops!
    The other thing that is most common in abo AtLA fic is big dick swinging he-man alpha sokka but I purpose unsure of his place on the team, constantly trying to prove himself and live up to his family and tribe's expectations, level-headed man with the plan Sokka is a beta.
    Suki though. Suki is pure sexy alpha appeal. Calm, cool, collected, always ready to encourage, support, or jump into action, she's the literal ideal.

So there they are on ember island and ohhh shit Zuko has realized what's happening maybe a couple hours before anyone else, but he doesn't have anything on hand and even if he makes an emergency trip into the town market they're not going to have anything that will act fast enough to stop things from progressing at this point. Him and Suki are getting snarly-snappy-fighty which clues Sokka into whats going on, and Sokka reasons maybe beta pheromones plus being a little (a lot) hands on can at least let them all get off without any oopsies before, you know, they have to go fight the big bad... in short, accidental!dom!Sokka calling the shots and directing his gf in fucking his very good and super hot buddy. Also featuring top drop and lots of aftercare cuddles, because that was hot, but also STRESSFUL and these idiots are going to give him gray hairs at 16.

Older bunnies.
    Dualscar has been coming home from the office trying to hide hickies, bites and scratches. Eridan, in a pique of teenage pithiness when they're having an argument, accuses him of sleeping with his secretary and Dualscar acting incredibly hurt and very insulted sends him to his room. A couple weeks later Eridan comes home earlier than expected from some event and is just in time to see Sollux's dad!!?? Leaving their house looking a bit disheveled!

Next day at school corners Sollux and is like "Sol we got a problem, I think our dads are bonin'."
    "I refuse to accept that our dads are involved in any capacity. My dad has better taste than that."
    "Sol, I once saw your da pick up a day old burrito, ask if anyone was gonna finish it, then eat it."
    "Ehehehe, exactly."
    "Fuck you!"

[Shenanigans ensue idk this bunny has no real purpose or direction but it amused me so I'm keeping it]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like x 2
  8. Lizardlicks

Polyswap assignments are out! I have ideas already.... It's been moved to the top of the list priority. Also added Speak the Word to the list because I forgot about it oops.

• Winner x 1
  9. Lizardlicks

Jeesy creesy I haven't updated this in over a year. Okay well this year's Polyswap went well and I did actually do a fic fill! Will post when contributors are revealed of course.

In the mean time it got some other writing juice going flowing and I coughed up a 500 word SFW humanstuck erikar ficlet last night.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/24897577

10. Lizardlicks

I think my prompts for this year's Drone Season have a really good spread as far as tastes go :3

• Winner x 1
  11. Lizardlicks

I now have two fics to share:

Polyswap erifefvris, FLARPing and silly pirate shenanigans, 4,045 words Feferi, flip the script

Dualscar piece for the Seadweller Zine (still available on Gumroad through the end of August), character study from the perspective of a crew member on the SS Vodnar, 1,769 words What's in a name?

Next post up will be my Drone Season fill for this year!

• Winner x 3
  12. Lizardlicks

13. Lizardlicks

First chapter up of We're the kids who wanna play with the dead Monster Prom fic centering around Brian Yu (green player character). Don't know yet if it will have shipping but if it does it's probably going to be Brian/Damien because I love that stupid shouting punchy idiot boy.

14. Lizardlicks

Because it had been kicking around in my drafts mostly finished and just needing a few edits, I wrapped up chapter 2 of We're the kids who wanna play with the dead and posted it. First official fic update of the year, baby!

• Winner x 1
  15. Lizardlicks

16. Lizardlicks

Hnnnng have come to a good stopping point on a fic that's been in WIP limbo since.... 2017? Like I could end it right here and it would totally work as a finished piece, even if leaving things a little ambiguous

BUT there's a bunch of little bits and scenes that I'd already thought up that I wanted to include which will now not make it into this version

BUT if I keep going, I haven't actually got a good ending planned out, and I might just end up jinx it to perma WIP pile because I have no real good clear way to actually resolve it

I could post it as part one of [2???] but my track record for finishing part the duce even on fics where I DO have a clear outline for start to finish has been. Less than stellar.

I don't know what to do with it, do I post it or nah??

17. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

Post as complete but leave a WIP folder with notes on the stuff you wanted to include in case you ever come back to it? And then if you ever hammer THAT out, you could add it as late edition third chapter I guess?

I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who has read a significant portion of your works, so my vote is definitely colored by "!!!" and the fact that as a reader, I'd get to see a conclusion to something. And you can just leave a note at the end saying that while work is marked complete, you might still be revisiting it, so if people *want* to keep an eye on this space, they might wanna keep the subscription box ticked (but no promises lol).

• Like x 1
  18. Lizardlicks

Asked a friend and they helped! As it is rn it's sort of a meandering slice of life that I never had a clear resolution for, but I bounced some ideas around and I think what I need to do is POV switch and start in on it from that angle. Then final chapter can be the emotional resolution.

• Like x 1
  19. Lizardlicks

BRAIN NO. I did NOT need to wake up at 4:30 this morning with a new and completely fleshed out erikar AU. God FUCKING damn it.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  20. Lizardlicks

Welp, I'm really in for it now.

A couple years back I thought I had a concept that might make a good NaNo project, but it was only ever a broad idea: found family polycule comes into possession of some land and through love, and a lot of hard work they build a home for themselves that brings them closer together. Oh and also they're werewolves.

That's it. That was the whole thing. Until just a couple nights ago. See, I've also been kicking around this EriKar supernatural vampire hunter AU idea for a while, but haven't worked on it because I thought that it maybe had enough legs to stand on it's own if I filed the serial numbers off. Well talking about doing just that the other night I suddenly had an epiphany that oh, if I do that, the werewolf story would fit into that universe PERFECTLY so now I have TWO whole novel ideas cemented! So for the last couple night I have been furiously hacking and filing and tweaking and I'm very super happy with all the sudden creative energy that's exploded out of this :3

But also Drone Season is coming up (signups wrap up this week and then we start matching) AND ALSO we have to finish packing up the rental to move out to the cabin, so project will have to sit on the back burner for now :(

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice