Fidget Cubes (Fidgeting... In Cube Form!!)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Secret Squirrel, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I AM GETTING ONE I AM GETTING ONE IT'S THE RETRO SCHEME AAAAAA

2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I'm waiting too... T.T

3. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I'm waiting for mine as well... It ran into shipping issues...

4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Mine just shipped! But probably won't get here until the middle of next week. * fidgets more while waiting impatiently *

5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

And mine just arrived. I am very fond of the marble. It satisfies a lot of the need to press and fuck with my mouse wheel. Which is nice because fucking with that results in annoying stupid bullshit like my ending up three pages back and halfway down an article about cows. I like the sounds everything makes, though the two corner dot buttons kind of bug me with how silent they are and how they offer no resistance. The pleasant soft grind of the analog stick is great in particular and the nice sharp click of the switch. I like how many sounds there are and how many of them are annoying as shit. But the sort of annoying that I really like.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. I got mine!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Thoughts!
    • Overall very pleased. I do kind of wish I had ordered the case too, but oh well. Might do it later if I find I really want it. I like the weight of it and I think it's a good size, although it might be just a little too small for me to comfortably play with with both hands (and my hands are pretty small).
    • Best bits: the marble, the gears, and the spinning circle (not the analog stick). The marble is good because it's quiet but satisfying to play with; the gears are good because they provide a nice feel, some resistance, and small clicks; and the spinning circle is nice in motion and in sound (although it makes my thumb feel numb after a while and the sound can be annoying, it's pretty... grind-y?).
    • Okay-but-not-great bits: the analog stick, the switch, and the worry stone side. Switch is a little too sensitive and loud for "everyday" fidgeting, although I can see myself getting into it sometimes. The analog stick doesn't feel as nice as my 3DS one, which I love to mess with, so I'm a little disappointed. Have never been much on worry stones, so that particular face is probably not going to get much use, but whatever.
    • Meh bits: The buttons! I thought I would like them a lot more than I do. The quiet ones don't have a great feel, the middle one is alright but not quite what I would like, and the two remaining ones are too stiff and loud for me. I also wish there were more quiet options, because my husband is pretty sensitive to sounds and I don't want to bug him if we're doing quiet stuff in the same room and I want to fidget.
    I think already it's helped me not do dermatillomania things because it's physically keeping my hands and fingers busy, so I am all for that.

• Like x 1
  8. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Just got mine today. Really like the marble and the switch, not so keen on the spinning bit or the analogue stick as the circle of rotation isn't quite comfortable to do with my thumb. Overall very pleased with my purchase tho

9. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Mine for finally shipped yesterday!!! I got it in berry with an orange case. I can't wait for it to arrive aaaaaaah

• Like x 1
  10. Man that is just poor customer service. Best of luck with that, buddy.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  11. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Mine arrived! I've had it for like 10 minutes and I love it ahah

My faves:
    • The switch - you can rock it back and forth without it making much noise, or you can completely flick it one way and then the other so it clicks
    • The gears
    • The little buttons that make noise - the noiseless ones don't have enough resistance for me
    • I like worry stones, so the worry stone side is also nice
    • EDIT: Actually, the ball is nice too
    Meh ones:
    • Everything else. I don't hate them, but they're not my fave

12. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I got one of the gamepad-style ones, like this except the one I got came from Amazon and is in my favorite color scheme (black with blue fiddly bits). It just came in and I already love it.

The pad style appealed to me over the cube or the d12 that's started showing up lately, because that shape seemed better for slipping into a jeans pocket without making a big lump. Turns out it's also just the right size and shape to sort of nestle into my hand.

The body is kind of a rubbery-feeling plastic that feels really nice to pet, and it's got a little nubbly bit to rub on the end with the spring-loaded tab. The clicky buttons are nice and clicky, and the non-clicky buttons have a decent amount of resistance (also they will sometimes click very softly, but not always). The analog stick action is neither too loose nor too tight, and it can be pressed. The little rotating disc thing is nice and occasionally has a little bit of drag to it in spots, I'm not sure whether that's a bug or a feature. The rocker switch is nice and snappy and also kind of loud. I have not yet been able to make it not be loud. The little gear bits are pleasantly grindy, and the roller on the other side has a nice amount of resistance to it. The spring loaded tab thing is fun to flick and can be silent if you keep a finger on it, or it can be clicky if you just pull it back and let it go. And as a shoelace twiddler, I do appreciate the presence of a lanyard.

A+ would fidget again.

• Informative x 2
  13. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

the gamepad thing on mine is getting stuck

14. syntheme

syntheme Active Member

For what it's worth, Target is now selling Fidget Cubes for about $10 each (Zuru apparently bought Antsy Labs, so that's why their name is now on them)

15. (Insert rant about neurotypical appropriation and mass marketing of stim toys)

(Fidget cubes are good tho, glad I got one already)

16. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I picked up a cube today and honestly I like the gamepad-style one better. The ball and worry stone sides are nice, but the analog stick doesn't feel right (and isn't clickable?? why???) and the rocker switch is considerably looser and not as snappy as the pad style's switch.

17. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I also got one recently, and I didn't expect the switch to be so loud. Didn't expect to like the dial so much either. But yeah, the analog stick was a bit disappointing, still kinda nice though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice