Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Enzel, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Also its pretty weird that dude Lalafells seem to do a disproportionate amount of being sleazy. Or maybe it's just weirder because they look like children wearing fake moustaches?

I feel like Miqo'te had a lot of potential lore wise but they just got turned into the fetish race 8( I made a guy Miqo'te bc I thought it was interesting how animalistic their body language was compared to how they made the girls all cutesy...

Also the lore states that many of their tribes are matriarchal but in practice the ones that are...are bad guys, like the Coeurlclaws. The one tribe we see as a group (unless there are more later in the story) are the Drake, and they're led by their nunh despite it being word of God that most nunh...aren't leaders. Plus most of their women are wearing those weird skimpy leather harnesses. In the desert. The sand chafing must be unimaginable.

I'm so sorry for the babbling I just...love lore discussions...

• Like x 2
  2. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

Miqo'te.. yeah. On RP servers it's pretty bad if you want to play Sun seeker miqo'te because the whole weird breeding rights kind of.. lore stuff. So people can make it pretty uncomfortable and weird. Moon keepers have their own issues but it feels like most people focus on the nunh/tia stuff more.

The Couerlclaws are apparently a weird outlier case? It's actually one guy with a bunch of wives which is more in line with how the sun seekers work but it's a moon keeper clan. If you do the postmoogle stuff there is an interesting quest involving them. For moon keepers apparently it's more traditional that the women have multiple partners who they do not settle with, the males are supposed to just roam around. So a moon keeper male who stays in one place with multiple wives is 'weird'.

• Like x 2
  3. Enzel

Oh, interesting. I just got my postmoogle quest title but there are more quests after that, I think, so I must not be there yet.

It seems like Sun Seekers have a lion pride dynamic going on, but the potential for creepiness goes up when the people involved are sentient...I actually have a female Miqo'te character who ran away from home to be an adventurer because she's ace and Does Not Want babies. Hah...but then you step back and realize that if everyone in the same generation have the same dad, then they're all siblings, including the guys, and if one of the guys becomes the nunh their options are...their sisters??? @_@ seriously, who thought of this.

• Like x 2
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

And lions get past that by kicking out the adolescent males who then wander, looking for an opportunity, which is much more likely to be a different pride, thus ensuring genetic diversity.

I suspect whoever thought of this had only one hand on the keyboard and reduced blood flow to the brain. And an incest and noncon fetish.

• Like x 2
  5. Aniseed

Yeah.. predictably, miqo'te are popular with people who like to ERP, and not just because they're designed to be super sexy kitty people. :P

@Enzel The quest is.. Level 15 Postmoogle, I think. It's called 'The Past Is a Story We Never Tell.'

• Like x 1
  6. Morven

I note that it appears to have been decided by RP-ers that all Roes are gay. Granted, fandoms tend to love that.

• Like x 3
  7. Aniseed

Yeah.. usually the 'big muscle dude' race seems to attract a lot of gay male players.. though a lot of the gay guys I know have been playing miqo'te, lol.

8. Morven

Basically in FF14 RP the people who like big bearish gay guys play Roes, the ones who want smaller cute gay guys go for the Miqo'te. And now a little interest in the Au Ra if you want a bit more of the tall, lean, alternative type in the middle.

And most of the fem!Roe couples I see in e.g. Tumblr tags are with another female character, too.

• Like x 1
  9. Enzel

Male Au Ra are basically Doritos, they have huge shoulders and tiny waists. In certain armors it looks kinda hilarious.

Interestingly one of my lady Highlander friends is, in fact, in an rp couple w a lady Roe. Mine is also gay as hell tho she hasn't met anyone yet. Too busy saving the world.

• Like x 2
  10. Morven

My Anhelia has no romantic interests right now. Some in her FC that she has pale interest in, but that's it. So far not a very sexual person. She's basically the original version of demisexual; she's motivated more from a desire to protect and give happiness, and if she cares for them sex can be a nice way to spread caring and happiness, but it's sort of a very secondary desire.

• Like x 1
  11. Aniseed

I don't really RP and especially don't have anybody I'm comfortable doing relationship RP with, but I pretty much headcanon all of my characters as gray-asexual. Pretty much sex would only happen if she had a partner that had sexual desires, otherwise it's whatever to her. But for romantic attraction yeah she's a lesbian. And I've sort of been fiddling with the idea of potentially making her trans.

• Like x 1
  12. Aniseed

Also good lord I just did The Aery and that was definitely -not- a fun experience.

Pretty much wiped for 2 hours on Nidhogg and only got him down when my group had all dropped and an entirely new set of people came in. And even that took 3 tries. That is a really really serious DPS check.

• Like x 1
  13. Enzel

I'm considering leveling white mage to 50 and just doing dungeons as healer instead because tanking is too stressful. Hah. (I mean I'm lvl 38 so it wouldn't be too hard.)

And yeah, I have probably said this bf, but my rp partner is my rl partner as well so luckily we tend to pick up the same fandoms together. Amusingly enough our mains (Akiv'a and Imry) were both separately decided on as gay so they're just super close friends. Akiv'a is boyfriends w/ N'valyh (who is bi) instead. They also play one of Akiv'a's cousins off Nergui and he's sort of pathetically smitten with her but she doesn't care, haha. We manage to have a lot of variety in relationships, platonic and otherwise, which is kinda nice. I also rp some of the game NPCS (Thancred, Minfilia, Cid) which is fun.

My internet just died while I was trying to upload some sketches so I'm stuck on mobile until I can troubleshoot it tomorrow. ( :/ router is in roommate's room and she doesn't keep the same weird hours I do...) I was going to do some roulette for leveling tonight, too. Sigh.

14. Morven

It is indeed. It took me about 2 weeks to find a party capable of it, though I'll admit long periods of that were me playing my alt instead because I was pissed off at it. I could probably have found a bunch of people in my FC to do it, but I don't like imposing on people.

15. Aniseed

I've heard the next dungeon sucks for healers.. just in time for me to have a nice FATE grinding spot unlocked so I can catch a DPS other than SMN up. :P

And yeah.. I uh, never even talk to my FC. I joined up trying to be all like 'okay I am going to find a group and try to be social!' and then I asked for a small something out of the bank and got whispers about it and was like well, nevermind, talking is for chumps and I hate myself now so I'm never going to talk in guild chat ever again.

Tbh I'd leave but I already bought a private room in the FC house and it'd be a lot of gil down the drain. :/

16. Enzel

Ahh, that sucks...thankfully my FC experience hasn't been too bad, but the guy that initially recruited me who was really active in helping w progression had to go off to college and dropped his subscription so he could study. Which is legit. But he handed the FC off to the flightiest person in the universe...she's nice and all but she has zero impulse control and spends company credits left and right. X.x she also took away my partner's right to use the company chest + actions for no reason when A was one of the most active crafters in the FC...and didn't give their stuff back because she "forgot" which stuff it was...it's been sort of a mess. I'm really just around for the buffs until I find somewhere else. (I'm not sure it was malicious as much as pure absentmindedness but it was p rude nonetheless...)

They will undersized party stuff w me and just carry me through it with them all being lvl 60, but it's sorta feels like cheating. (And I'm gonna have to learn the mechanics for roulette anyway...)

17. Enzel

...went to lvl WHM and my router crapped out halfway through a Brayflox run. I AM SORRY FOR ABANDONING YOU, short-lived PUG. My internet is shit.

18. Morven

I so wish FF14 supported user interface mods and addons like WoW. It's clear that the underlying structure is there, mostly at least; the interface is scripted in Lua just like every other MMO. It's probably trying to unify the experience and making sure players don't have advantages, but there's things I really miss. Including non-combat things like Mogit, so I can see what all the available clothes in the game look like on my character really easily.

19. Aniseed

i mostly miss better ui tweaks. the first thing i'd do if add ons were a thing would be to set up something so i can see my buffs and debuffs bigger and closer to my character, and have something with more intuitive health bars.

also a grid thing for healing, lol.

20. Enzel

It would be nice if buffs were right near your model on the screen, but I did move my buffs to sit right above my hotbar so they're in my field of vision instead of way up at the top of the screen. Still experimenting with the best placement for party and enemy lists, though. I shrunk them, but having it that small as a healer is a bad idea...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice