Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Enzel, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Big mood - it's supposed to be the easiest role for normal content but by god it's exhausting for me. I did the new dungeon with a trust and after that it was like naaaah I think I'm done tanking for today

Which is a shame because the tank chest from the raid is SO GOOD... Here's some datamined previews.
    And the female versions.
    As far as I can tell the labeling is accurate!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Winner x 1
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I main DRK so I've been p okay with it, but this is my first patch day since starting the game in early August and I just kinda jumped in and flailed around :P thankfully my partner and metamours have been playing for years and were able to handhold me a little haha
    I may be self-indulgent and post my characters in here tomorrow, my main is a catboy but I also have a very serious femroe weakness

• Like x 1
  3. Mercury

Oh please do! Character sharing is so much fun.

4. prismaticvoid

As promised, my children!
    ffxiv_10182019_140257_950.png Seeker of the Sun Miqo'te, 26 as of ARR
    Mains DRK, also picking up RDM and AST
    trans guy, extremely protective of people he thinks of as family, incredibly overwhelmed by the prospect of people thinking of him as any sort of diplomatic or political figure, feels most at home with other people who aren't incredibly educated or are straightforward and blunt like he is (Lyse, Alisaie)
    left his tribe in Gyr Abania as a teenager to seek out somewhere with less rigid gender roles (he fought for his Tia status and is proud of it), has been adventuring since
    ffxiv_08212019_160510_832.png Hellsguard Roegadyn, 18 as of ARR
    Mains BRD
    cis lady, came to the Shroud with her older brother when she was a kid, picked up adventuring as a way to support herself when he wasn't around
    lighthearted, overwhelmed by the responsibility of being WoL, gets along best with the younger Scions, sees Minfilia as something of an older sister/mother figure
    ffxiv_08302019_211106_918.png Hellsguard Roegadyn, 30 as of ARR
    Mains PLD
    trans lady, family from a small village in Coerthas that has been struggling since the Calamity, left in the hopes of becoming a gladiator and sending money back to her family
    takes her responsibilities very seriously, not fond of displays of emotion but cares deeply about her friends and family

• Winner x 1
  5. Mercury

What good WoLs! I like their color schemes, especially X'Rhaya's - he looks like the very area he came from, all variegated warm colors. And your roes have fantastic names.

• Winner x 1
  6. prismaticvoid

awww thank you! my roes are both secret references (Bright's is a loose translation of my irl name and Turbulent Indigo is a Joni Mitchell album and also one of my old screennames lol)

• Winner x 1
  7. Mercury

How's everyone's Ishgardian Restoration experiences going?

8. prismaticvoid

I had to turn off shout chat as soon as I got in lmao
    managed to do the FATE, although there is some misleading text about turn-ins (specifically, you can only do crafter turn-ins rn, but the FATE is doable as crafter or gatherer)

9. Mercury

At first I wondered why you'd want to turn off shout chat and then I remembered how it got progressively more spammy and unpleasant as the evening wore on, and when I logged in just now to do the next FATE (I was already up, I thought I might as well >_>) it was downright intolerable, soooo.... good call XD;

I'm kind of annoyed they didn't make it clearer that gatherers can't do turn-ins yet, even though I am an omnicrafter.

• Agree x 1
  10. prismaticvoid

I speedleveled alchemist to 30 exclusively for this and I have to say it is not my thing whatsoever
    I like gathering though, so I may just participate in the FATEs and leave it at that

11. Mercury

Crafting is a pain in the ass until... idk, 50ish, when you have more skills to play with -- but even so, it's not for everyone. It can be a fun minigame but admittedly I macro-craft almost everything anyway. :') I think I started leveling them primarily so I could get the cloud mallow mount from the moogle beast tribe and just... kept going because it's nice to be able to make whatever glam I want, when I want, and repair whenever.

12. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Hi guys I just started this game (where by just started I mean I got SCH/SMN to 80 and finished MSQ, because I like endgame rpg content for some reason @_@) and I am enjoying my ridiculous catboi so much. Have done basically nothing with crafting or gathering, still spending most of my time being lost, but. After years of WoW, the friendly people and the decent writing are SO NICE. It is such a warm and fuzzy feeling environment. I love going into dungeons, being like, "So, I'm lost, what do??" and getting reassurances and useful answers. Expert roulette is still scary, but my friend group has nearly got a whole functioning 4man together. Yeah, I'm just babbling now. Here, have catboi monk in revealing outfit picture as tribute.

ffxiv_11142019_203051_577.png

• Winner x 3
  13. prismaticvoid

Welcome in! By the way, if anyone here plays on Goblin (my main) or Malboro (my alts) please let me know, I'm always looking for new friends :3

14. Mercury

*waves sadly to crystal from aether*

• Witnessed x 1
  15. prismaticvoid

JUST CLEARED HADES EX SOMEONE BE EXCITED WITH ME

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  16. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! :D

(also I love your characters. Roes are so good!!!)

• Winner x 1
  17. rje

rje here comes the sun

My all-queer, mostly trans raid static disbanded, I have a sad

In good news though I got my Susano doggo, he is beautiful & I love him

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice