Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Enzel, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

i've really not found a great place for buffs, and debuffs are attached to the health bar which is frustrating. i either need to have a giant health bar in my face to have giant debuffs in my face or if i shrink the bar down all my debuffs are teenie tiny.

2. Aniseed

i got a sudden desire to roll a bunch of alts. balmung is basically never open though so i'm just going to mess around on some other servers and idk.

• Like x 2
  3. Aniseed

Reading up on au ra naming conventions. All the xaela last names are tribe names. So there's this gem of a tribe...

"The Goro believe horses to be perfect beings, and each male and female, upon their coming of age, is married to a horse of the opposite sex. Reproductive mates are chosen by lots."

• Like x 1
  4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

From what I've heard, the only practical way to get a character onto Balmung is to create them on another server and transfer. Balmung's creation quota is used up within two minutes of server restart.

5. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Partner has a Dataq, which are the super nomadic ones that don't stay in one place for more than a day.

Both of my Au Ra are Malaguld, which is supposedly the only tribe that adopts Raen as well, hence why they are adoptive siblings. I'm waiting until I get further in the story to really play them, though, because I'm sure I'm missing lore details.

I'm really happy that they make the lore so accessible to people, though admittedly I don't really know the standard for MMO lore.

I really have too many alts already, but I've been wanting to roll Imry's sister somewhere, since she would be more fun to rp with random people (if I ever get up the courage.)

As for servers, I'm liking Adamantoise well enough, though the one thing I miss from Japanese servers is there are no RMT spammers...the tradeoff for lag, I guess.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    • Like x 1
  6. Aniseed

I made the one I rolled Khatayin, which are just people who live in the mountains 9 months of the year and hunt goats. I just liked the sound of it the most tbh, it's pretty boring lore wise. I considered Dazkar too but that seems to be a very archery oriented tribe and I wanted to start off as Lancer since that's a class I haven't really played.

And yeah Balmung is basically impossible to get on now. When I first rolled there it was a pain but still doable.. I basically just had to stay up until like 7am and it was open for about 2 hours. Now it opens and closes in less than 2 minutes if it opens at all.

7. Enzel

Imry's sister, parents, and some members of their seafaring merchant crew
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my renditions of them: (have not come up with a name for the Dunesfolk guy yet)
    [​IMG]

Imry and her sister pre-Calamity
    [​IMG]
    and post...
    [​IMG]

Faunh and Elouan, some veteran adventurers
    [​IMG]
    and my drawings of them:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

some Au Ra (mostly Nergui's family)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nergui and Sef (Akiv'a's cousin)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  8. Enzel

Also, I would like to share with you all THIS TUMBLR (contains all the spoilers tho)

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  9. Morven

I love that Tumblr.

10. Morven

It's so tempting to spend time just creating new alts but then I'd do nothing with them. Two characters is about it, honestly. Maybe another someday, IDK?

• Like x 1
  11. Enzel

12. Morven

Just got my alt to Monk (30 Pugilist/15 Lancer). In doing this, I discovered that I really enjoy Lancer. So I may level all three of Monk/Ninja/Dragoon on her. I also think I'm most likely to get the scaly kind of armor that I want for one particular roleplay set for her.

She is, after all, intended as as close a match to a fictional character as I can make her, and one iconic outfit for that character is the suit of ivory-white armor she wears into serious battle. The armorer says she's supposed to feel like a dragon, so the very draconic armor of Dragoons might work very well for that. I'm sure there's at least one that can be dyed ivory-white.

• Like x 1
  13. Enzel

Dragoon is bunches of fun, though they do have a reputation for dying despite having the best armor out of all the DPS classes...I'm not sure if it's stats or hubris. I have noticed I die more on my DRG but i think it's because I'm used to being a brick wall of a Paladin and I forget I'm not.

14. Morven

I think it might partially be because of all the melee DPS they're the least positional, so it's easy for them to stand still and then forget to move when the AOEs come. Monk and Ninja are moving around a bunch anyway and have to have more situational awareness.

15. Aniseed

I've wanted to try LNC/DRG but I've actually had an incredibly hard time getting into it.. I heard the rotation changes a lot in later levels and gets more fun, but as it stands now it just feels like I'm hitting 2 buttons and getting bored.

Though to be honest if DRG is less positional I will probably like it a lot. That was my main problem with MNK, I have a hard time doing the rotation while also being in the right place for each attack.

16. Aniseed

Right now I've been trying to get BRD up to 50 and I've actually been having a lot of fun with it. I might get it all the way up to 54/55 to be caught up with my SMN and use BRD to finish up the new stuff.

• Like x 1
  17. Enzel

Iirc the DRG damage buff is positional (flank) and you stay behind the enemy the rest of the time. Jump attacks also make things more fun and visually interesting. (I love spineshatter dive...)

Also the rotation is odd because you get Impulse Drive really early on but it's essentially useless until you get Disembowel which combos off it...around lvl 40. But yeah, initially it's a little boring.

When they added positional requirements to monk I wanted to cry, lmao. It's fun but at the same time really hard to remember everything. I find myself counting out loud to keep track of my rotation (or going "side, back, side" to remind myself. I'm sure my roommate thinks I'm weird.) I'm v tempted to macro it but I don't know how efficient it would be.

18. Enzel

Bard is tons of fun, I think it's the only class I don't really have any complaints about. Hah. (Maybe the DPS queue times.)

19. Morven

Bard is my first class on Anhelia. The only complaint I have is that people sometimes think a bard can't hack it for DPS, but except at the highest level gear and skill are what's important. Just like I did in WoW, it ticks me when people care about things that are a small % of DPS while ignoring factors that are much more important in average groups.

20. Enzel

Here I was told Bard was actually an in-demand class because of buffs? Huh. also mobility and the fact that you're generally out of AOE range are nice advantages.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice