Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Enzel, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

It probably depends if it's a dumbass talking or not. Dumbasses see lower maximum self-done DPS than pure DPS classes and ignore the fact that the party buffs can add more than the loss, OR boost healers' mana regen, or whatever. Plus, only (say) 0.1% of players are capable of playing a class to near its theoretical maximum anyway. For the rest of us, it's a useless statistic. Getting better through practice and learning from others will make more of a difference than anything.

• Like x 1
  2. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Yeah, numbers are one thing, but in reality...most people aren't gonna have a perfect rotation, or they'll clip their dots a couple times...people aren't perfect. The best quality in a player is being adaptable, IMHO.

In other news, I've official moved Imry, N'valyh, and Kototsuki to Adamantoise! The lag on Tonberry was getting kind of unbearable. Left Victor there so I can visit my FC friends once in a while, but it looks like Adamantoise is going to be my main server from here on.

• Like x 1
  3. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

The main argument I've heard against BRD (and similarly, against MCH) is that the overall DPS is low while the buffs they offer aren't super meaningful.. usually items and self CDs are enough to get through fights for Mana/TP. I have no idea about the reality of that though since, tbh, I haven't really ever raided in this game at the point of progression/current content.

4. Morven

Unless you're progression raiding at the bleeding edge of current content, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. And that's ... what, about 0.01% of the player base?

• Like x 1
  5. Enzel

Considering i will probably never do Alexander Savage I think i'm safe ;D

6. Aniseed

in other news.. i got a new computer! which is good. and the graphics are faster and nicer. but i didn't realize that FF14 stored it's HUD, macro, and keybind settings in the Users/Documents/Games folder and... cleared all that off my old hard drive. So now I have to re-do all of it, and don't want to :/

• Like x 1
  7. Enzel

that was a "witnessed" like. 8(

• Like x 1
  8. Morven

Completed The Vault today after a lot of wipes. Everything up to the last boss seems easy and then holy hell.

• Like x 1
  9. Morven

One thing I'm thinking about FF14, though, is that if you don't like dungeons you aren't going to get along with this game; a bunch of content and features are gated behind required dungeons in the main storyline. Social people would be able to get a carry through their FC, but loners would be kinda out of luck.

• Like x 2
  10. Aniseed

it'd be much more of a pain for solo players without a dungeon finder tool. as it stands most of the dungeons are fairly easy to do in PuGs, a few of the heavensward ones though are proving to be a bit of a pain if you go in with strangers.

11. Morven

The Aerie and The Vault are both pretty tough if you do them on lowest-allowed-level as DPS, that's for sure.

12. Enzel

Just did my first Odin FATE. It was fun! But my inventory was full...so I didn't get the drop...

/disappointed

13. Morven

So on my alt I'm trying to level all the professions, while on my main I'm charging up the levels on Bard. But goddamn, leveling gathering is the most tedious shit in any game.

14. Aniseed

I can sort of zone out while leveling Botany and Mining, but Fishing of course remains as painful as always.

Depending on your set up of where your desk is or if you have 2 monitors, watching something else while you gather is a good way to get through it. The only way I got FSH up to 32 was by watching Let's Plays on my other monitor, lol.

15. Enzel

I know my partner uses a macro to fish and watches Netflix while doing so...:p it still requires button pressing but not as much.

16. Morven

And now I have to down Bismarck, fun.

17. Aniseed

I think that'll be next up on my story stuff. I've been taking a break for a few days to play Undertale though.. and I still need to get BRD up to that level, so it'll be a while.

18. Morven

Oh joy, this one's a DPS check fight as well. Wiped twice, then the party gave up.

19. Morven

And beat it last night! Got a good group who steamrollered it.

Meanwhile on my alt I'm grinding crafts; going through getting them all to 20, right now.

• Like x 1
  20. Morven

So … I'm reading /r/ffxiv on Reddit last night, and there was a Bard thread, and people were saying "when you get Wanderer's Minuet at 52, you should start using it immediately even though it won't give much DPS boost until you get Empyreal Arrow at 54," and I thought I must not have noticed getting that, so I checked. And I didn't have it. Dammit, I'd missed a questline again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice