Final Fantasy IX

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Allenna, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

• Like x 2
  2. Allenna

3. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Garnet is one of the best female characters in that goddamn series, hands down. I LOVE her.

I still cry a lot every time I reach the ending, tho. Vivi's story arc is one of my favorites in any media, and I just... I just wanna offer him some really nice cocoa, yknow? The whole thing at the end just makes me too sad.

• Like x 2
  4. Allenna

Vivi needed all the hugs.

The end made me sad but...sort of happy sad if that makes sense. Because Vivi got to live on in a sense and his letter sounded so happy. (but he was so young and ): )

• Like x 2
  5. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

I actually replayed this recently, it had been such a long time since I had last played it. Weirdly I remember really really digging Freya as a character but it's sort of sad that she really isn't given a whole lot of story in the game. She still has one of my fave character designs though.

Vivi is my absolute favorite though.

6. Allenna

I seem to remember something about Freya's full arc not being included because of deadline? I don't remember exactly. I think it gets talked about in this LP: http://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-IX/ (is a screenshot one, also has some amazing linguistic discussions and a lot of things about Hawaii - the humor is well the guy has his tongue firmly against his cheek with some of it, I don't think most people here will have too big of a problem with it but I like to warn people)

• Like x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Vivi needs all the hugs, i love Zidane but want to thwack him upside the head, and Eiko is precious.

Most entertaining character 5ever though is Quina, hands down. Those combos, man.

What's your favorite summons?

8. Allenna

Oh man I started loving Quina a shit ton more when I learned they localization people at Square Hawaii have them a pidgin Hawaiian accent. Like the linguistic stuff going on in this game just blows me a way.

Favorite summons..hm..that's a hard pick. Though Shiva over all has always been a favorite. (I miss a few of the summons we got in IV then never again thou).

• Like x 1
  9. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

I was always kind of :/ about summons in FF9 because the bosses have such incredibly low HP caps that summons often end up being a huge time waste, especially if their full animation goes through. In my last play through I don't think I bothered with summoning at all until the very end of the game when Garnet had Bahamut and it did close to max damage even without the full animation.

Though just for looks.. Atomos always looked cool for Garnet, and I always liked Wind-damage Fenrir that would show up when you have Maiden's Prayer equipped on Eiko.

10. Allenna

I guess I'm weird because I use summons when I think it would make sense for the character to use a summon and a certain type of summon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice