Fire Emblem!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by thewispsoftime, May 15, 2017.

1. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

How did I forget about Loog? I really don't know. Still, this is already a lot of extra stuff for me to look into and work with, and I appreciate it greatly.

2. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Just found out that previous versions of the Emperor class have allowed spellcasting, and I'm now even more perplexed at how Edelgard's innate talent for it is pretty much entirely shafted by the mechanics of the game, unlike every single other innate talent I can think of.

3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

she would be too powerful. she must be contained in some fashion.

4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

• Winner x 3
  5. Aondeug

And to think I've been wasting my time writing Edeleth poetry when I could have been creating true art such as this.

6. Aondeug

Speaking of poems, my poetry collection has finally reached 30 published chapters (though there are many more than 30 poems in this because some of them are collections of themed poems). It also nears the 4000 word mark because I apparently have a real fucking invested interest in this god damned ship. There's some other ones that I have waiting editing but which are being ignored because I must edit them.

and still more are planned

The most recent poem itself. It is nsfw in nature.

• Winner x 3
  7. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Does anyone have suggestions for what house to pick? I'm having trouble deciding.

8. Aondeug

Black Eagles. And make sure to throw lots of tea at Edelgard and talk to her every day.

9. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Thank you for the suggestions!

What I find kinda funny is that I asked this question on a couple different sites, and each site had a distinct house preference? ...and when you tally it up, each of the houses ends up even-stevens. (Except for the Blue Lions. Blue Lions are weirdly less popular.)

So I'm currently stuck going "Hmm, Claude or Edelgard, Claude or Edelgard-- though Blue Lions has a lot of fun characters even if I don't particularly like Dimitri-- but Black Eagles has the most romance options for f!Byleth -- but I like archers -- hmmm."

• Witnessed x 1
  10. Aondeug

That's kind of hilarious to me to hear that they are the least popular overall. Because Dimitri tops basically all the popularity charts. Edelgard has trouble making into the top five characters in some polls. Like she was the number four most popular in the Japanese poll among players who hadn't completed the game, but fell to number seven when players who had completed the game were taken into account.

also depending on how you build byleth you can make her an archer and also steal the archers from the other classes potentially if you do go beagles?

edit: interesting thing i've noted is that edelgard and her house are EXTREMELY popular in very queer spaces i'm in. especially if those spaces involve queer women.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like x 2
  11. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

It might be that either I'm hanging out in places with slightly unusual FE fans, or the Blue Lions fans don't feel the need to tell people "You should play Blue Lions" while fans of other houses might be a bit more "join ussssss~"? I don't know.

(I have vague plans to get Byleth decent at swords so I can recruit Felix, but after that I might end up making her an archer. Archers are fun.)

12. Aondeug

It seems to vary based on where you are. In my experience Blue Lions fans have been the most obnoxious about how their route is the best and has the best lord, with several being outright shitty towards Black Eagles fans. Edelgard fans kind of hide in little clumps because of the discourse surrounding her as a result. But I've run into someone who hasn't seen this sort of behavior at all and thus feels very put off and confused by how defensive Edelgard fans are over their lord.

• Agree x 2
  13. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Bernadetta is the black eagles and she’s an excellent archer,

You can recruit nearly everyone though. Or just reclass everyone into archery.

14. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

Ooh, that's good to know!

15. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

I have heard people opine that Black Eagle's plot makes more sense after you do a different route, but I can't personally attest since I did lions first and thus can't come at it with a 'did eagles first' perspective :b

Lions is definitely my favorite but I've got no issue with Edelgard fans ovob

16. Aondeug

That can be said of most of the routes, really. They are each missing very large and key chunks of detail which are only found on other routes. Edelgard's deal is only ever fully explored in her own route, for example. And entire chunks of the world building are locked to one specific route. It's kind of a thing where you have to play all the routes to gain a full picture of things though which you play first is going to leave a massive impact on how you view the story as a whole more than likely.

The full picture recontextualizes Edelgard's route quite a bit, but if you sided with her first you're likely to end up with a very different reading on her than someone who started with Dimitri.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Agree x 1
  17. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

I have picked, and gone with Black Eagles.

Edelgard and Petra are such a good.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  18. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

I'm trying to get onto the secret Black Eagle route, and ooh boy is trying to get to C support with Edelgard in that timeframe stressful. I only have a few months!

Not helped by the fact that Edelgard seems to be getting to C support with a lot of nob-Byleth people, but for some reason not with Byleth? I have been talking with and standing next to you more than Ferdinand has, explain yourself!

19. Aondeug

Just talk with her every month and make sure to give her some gifts. When in combat have her fight next to the professor. Her supports are time locked, as in you can't get them till certain amounts of time have passed. You'll be able to get her supports easy enough if you just make sure to throw gifts at her and fight with her all the time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice