Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I can use them, but not with minty toothpaste, or else it's even worse than regular toothbrushes.

• Agree x 1
  2. I am very tired. I am having trouble Words today. I don't want to go to work.

3. palindromordnilap

So, I have decided to translate Mastodon into Corsican. Problems:
    • I don't know any of the languages used to code it
    • I don't actually fluently speak Corsican.
    I've been doing okay with dictionaries, but I'm gonna need someone to spell/grammarcheck it once I'm done, and someone else to check if it actually works. Oh well.

4. Why are you trying to translate something into a language you aren't fluent in?

5. palindromordnilap

I do weird stuff when I'm bored.
    I need a page in Corsican if I want to set a .corsica website up, and I know people will be interested in a translation and be attracted by it. Also, it helps spread a pretty much dying language and, since my main problem with speaking it is vocabulary, it helps me a lot too.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Completely random question: does anyone else have a ton of trouble remembering information given over phone calls? Like I'd take messages for my mom back when we had a home phone and I would try and write stuff down but I'd forget it like less than a minute after it's said. And now I have sooo much trouble remembering what exactly was said in important phone calls of my own and it's so stressful

• Agree x 6
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Is anyone here super into wwe, i need a wrestle senpai to walk me through this vast world. What matches should i be watching? Where do i start? I wanna learn backstories and why this guy is doing this and that guy is doing that but dont wanna watch what i think is almost 20 years worth of wrassle boys.

8. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@theambernerd I am pretty bad with phone calls unless I have a pen and paper right in front of me. I'd intentionally leave things on the voice mail rather than listening to it because that was a more reliable way of ensuring my parents would hear it.

9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Stray thought: did anyone else wish the matrix movies followed literally anyone else but neo the first time you saw them? Theres so much cool background stuff being completely overpowered by this boring ass buisness man having power fantasies over in a corner

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Meh. When I watched the Matrix series for the first time I was sick and basically 75% asleep so I didn't really care. It was white noise that I absorbed the plot of

• Like x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Second thought: is the matrix series a sequel to unaltered timeline terminator movies. Like, skip the time travel bullshit and let the robots win, is the matrix possibly end game terminator

• Like x 2
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

a book i was reading made me wonder if babies needed tickets on the london underground. i guessed that they don't and i was right.

13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

the dog is skitter dancing in the hall, gently trying to lure out an awake human so we'll pay attention to him. I like dog, but I also like being in bed... and he is generally bad about cuddling in bed. Wants to lay on you, and gets huffy and sneezes in your face if you try to move.

• Like x 1
  14. palindromordnilap

So, update on the translation thing: someone who's actually skilled in that is currently proofreading it, and so far, apparently, it's just "I'd have phrased that differently but that way isn't wrong either". I'm assuming there will be actual errors later on but it's good to know it's not that bad.

• Like x 4
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Me: * listens to It *
    Brain: let's move to Derry
    Me: what the fuck brain

• Like x 1
  16. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

If I ever do get married, I want a cosplay wedding.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

@winterykite, that's possibly the only wedding idea that has ever made me go WANT. (I don't even cosplay but that just sounds so choice.)

• Like x 1
  18. palindromordnilap

Once again, this time in the right thread!
    Capture du 2017-04-07 15-23-25.png
    *bangs head on wall*

19. I got off work an hour early to go out of town for dinner. I've been home for 35 minutes and we haven't left yet. Why is this?

20. palindromordnilap

In other news, I think I finally figured out my music tastes. "Songs that are fun to stim to", "OSTs of things I like", and "Songs that really shouldn't be relatable but are". It's a Venn diagram kinda thing.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice