Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. As someone who looks like a guy, I can't really tell people to fuck off if I'm doing something that upsets them. No man has that right, we need to listen to other people.

• Agree x 1
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I walk a lot on the balls of my feet, which has the opposite problem- I can be too quiet sometimes. (A friend bought me belled anklet so I'd stop sneaking up on people.) That's also how you walk in absurd heels, so if you're not a tangle of limbs like me it looks more graceful.

• Like x 3
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

thats true, i was being overly harsh there, sorry. i just tend to be triggered easily when it comes to people being told something theyre doing that they usually cant notice and/or help doing is threatening or intimidating, or really any variation of being told youre existing wrong. i have dyspraxia and have always basically been a bit of a bull in a china shop with no way to control that no matter how many adjustments i make, and i know from experience how mean people can be when you move differently.

• Witnessed x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

wait is moving tattoos a thing in the harry potter universe because holy shit

• Winner x 1
  5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Wear less clunky shoes? It's hard to be intimidating in flip flops...

6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

@tickingnectarine Walking on the balls of your feet or with a bit of bounce tends to not look threatening. Slightly slower, slightly smaller strides, not going directly where you mean to go but slightly beelining/moving around people rather than expecting them to move aside for you... that's all things that will make your walk look less purposeful and probably less "threatening" though +1 wrt it being easy to go too far and overcorrecting
    Have you looked into dance classes maybe? Those tend to help a lot with getting a good feel for ones body and body language.

• Informative x 1
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I mean if it isn't it totally should.
    Though i think what makes photos move is a specific step in the developement process of the film so tattoos might move by a different mechanism???

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Trying to remember a comic I read (on tumblr?) about an alien who crashes in the woods near a girl's home town. I can't remember the name of the comic, but I know the title had something to with fungus.

Edit: found it
    http://apotheciacomic.tumblr.com/

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

me: *attempts to look up references to draw fan art of my favorite wrestle boy*
    me: *ends up watching tons of sin cara matches instead*
    me: welp, this is my life now

on a side note, are there any matches with sin cara and roman reigns in existence, they are me and my sisters faves respectively and thatd be awesome to watch with her

10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Why is it only noon? :-(

11. iff

iff Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20170503-135106.png
    yeeeeeeeeeee
    maybe now I can stop

• Winner x 8
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Nah, but you can get to 2048 and "win". Technically though if you hit continue you can go infinitely higher until you lose

13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Protip: try choosing one key to not use unless you have to, this helps all the high numbers stack on one end so it's easier to get everything in a row. For intance I never use the down key and try to have the highest number in the top right corner

• Agree x 1
  14. iff

iff Well-Known Member

yep! can confirm that that works (bottom right corner is clearly the superior choice tho :P)

• Agree x 1
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Fuckin' arguing with the husband about the Dark Tower series last night while going out to Pete's Fresh Market to buy pepperoni and today there's Dark Tower ads on YouTube. I did not expect this, it's too soon, I'm not prepared for DT movie stuff yet!

My only complaint about Idris Elba being cast as Roland is that he is way too attractive to be Roland, who is often described as "ugly" in the books, but I'll live.

... Man, DT is a really important series to me, I am legitimately like freaking out about watching this trailer/ad.

• Like x 1
  16. iff

iff Well-Known Member

oh my god my new printer gives you error messages by printing them. why

• Witnessed x 12
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I. That's so terrible??? If the error is a paper jam you'll know because of its failure to successfully report the problem!

• Agree x 2
  18. iff

iff Well-Known Member

i mean so far it was just a wifi connection error, which whatever, but there's a touchscreen right there

19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

because fuck the trees. Fuck the trees is why.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice