Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ur sinful avocado toast will end the world.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I've always heard Gen Z, personally. Anyway, I've been travelling to Europe all the time for my entire life, so clearly it's all my fault.

3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

as a millenial i can confirm that I have spent my life savings on avocado toast and will not be buying a house

• Winner x 4
  4. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

as a 1995er it seems that i am on the cusp of millenial and after, since it's been cited as different year ranges by different sources. so uh. i guess i'm Schrödinger's millenial. do i eat avocado toast or not? (I say, when I realized that literally the only edible foods left in my apartment are ramen and sausage. this is because im moving out in 4 days tho)

• Witnessed x 5
  5. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Oh fuck I've been doing it backwards, I've been paying my rent with my life savings when clearly I should have been buying more avocados
    What a fool I've been

• Agree x 4
  6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Gen Z and Gen Y get combined into "Digital Natives" too, which is a fun name.

• Agree x 5
  7. Technicality

i've also heard "generation 'like'" used
    though millenial seems to be the one that has stuck around and is the least pejorative

• Witnessed x 2
  8. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

• Like x 2
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

looking at an online flyer for grocery chain Metro, theyre listed under "avocados & exotic fruits"

...for $2.99 canadian dollars each. Organic are 2 for $5.
    my dad gets them from costco, which means theyre cheaper but unripe because theyre all the way from mexico probably

Edit: wait what the donk, here on lake superior we apparently have whacked out prices because uh?? Regular $2.99, organic for basically $2.50?? And packs of 3 romaine hearts are both like 4 or 5 dollars for organic and regular, same price. H e l p

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Ah that's fair, most of our avocados come from Florida where I'm at.

Edit: currently I can buy them for 88 cents a pop, but they'll go down in the next couple weeks as we get into summer proper.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Agree x 1
  11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

The store I work at sources from Florida and sooometimes Mexico, but yeah, they're.... 80 cents a pop right now and by summer proper we'll have 'em down to 50c or lower.

• Agree x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Avos are pretty expensive here (3 for 5 on sale at the local grocery store), but we're pretty far from any avocado-producing places.

Eta: I would die for 50c avocados.

• Agree x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Same hat, except swapped with sources. Mexican avocados taste better anyways.

14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ofc floridian avocados are bigger, so theres that. They also have less fat and taste greener, which i dont really care for. The mexican ones (or hass avocados) are better for guacamole

15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hass are my favorite

I do sometimes wish I had chosen the CA school over the IL school because of the bounteous fresh produce

• Like x 1
  16. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

am also dubiously a millennial, 'cause the generation years get fuzzy, but i can't eat straight avocado because of the texture ):

love it in stuff like guacamole though!
    i'm not sure how much they cost off the top of my head, but i kind of consider them a treat and don't buy them often

17. Technicality

I've never eaten guac except accidentally so my only experience with avocados is somewhat negative

18. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Avocados are like, $1 here? Maybe 1.50 I live in mn for reference.

19. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I've actually never really tried an avocado so I'm probably like, the worst at being a millenial

• Agree x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Its basically butter but green tasting.

• Agree x 7
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice