Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Years of training with nonperscription sunglasses have led me to this moment. This moment where I achieve mastery over the stupid little plastic pieces of shit. Fuck you 3D technology, I win.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh man people who use the subtitle glasses are probably right out of the 3d experience as well, unless there are versions made to view 3d at the same time

• Informative x 1
  3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

wait what are subtitle glasses

• Agree x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Theyre these glasses some theaters provide that project subtitles onto the screen when you look through them. Ive never worked up the nerve to ask for any because theyre technically marketed toward hoh and deaf folks and i can hear just fine, its the processing things part thats bunk.

• Informative x 2
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

[​IMG]

These are them

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. theambernerd

!!!! technology is amazing!!!!!!!

• Agree x 3
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

*want*

• Agree x 1
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

RO sprites were the best. So good. I still love them.
    kotawalk.gif

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hey, my family is going to Japan in a few weeks. Does anyone have suggestions for things to do? (I already have the Pokémon Center on my list.)

10. Learn Japanese, even a little bit. Take lots of pictures for memory purposes. Have fun!!

• Agree x 1
  11. Technicality

I will be taking many pictures, I'll share them on Kintsugi somewhere when I get back! And thanks!

• Like x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

@Technicality whoops didn't see the post here! Kamakura's pretty close and a very popular tourist destination (it was fun to go there too), Enoshima was great and I think it's also pretty close.... Unfortunately we didn't get into Tokyo very much when we went, and it was almost 14 years ago now too, so I'm not the best source. I wanna go back....

Maybe Google around a little bit and see what's out there that fits with your interests?

13. Technicality

I will check out the places you mentioned. As for googling around, I actually am already planning on two things I'm interested in, which is the Pokémon Center and taking the bullet train, both of which we are planning on doing!

14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Kamakura has the Great Buddha statue and tons of shrines and temples, as well as some great hikes! Enoshima has caves and a lovely park, and the beaches nearby are perfect for summer hanging out.

15. Technicality

16. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Some theaters make the experience of getting subtitle stuff more difficult than others (my closest theater wants your ID or loyalty card every time for legal name and address, the theater I used to live by is very easy and just needs me to say "closed captioning" and give them my ticket) but I've never once been asked for proof of disability and most theaters are happy to do the thing, because few people use them. It changed my movie going life. I can actually deal with the massive amounts of noise and still understand the movie without asking my seat mate every time "what did they say?" Ime, if you ask verbally for captioning, most theater workers will assume you're hoh or esl, but I've never been asked. The glasses do fit over regular prescription glasses too, BTW.

• Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  17. theambernerd

You'll just be going on the end of the rainy season, good timing! I went to Japan a literal year ago, it was amazing and gorgeous!
    What cities will you be going to? I'm assuming tokyo
    In Tokyo I had the most fun in Ikebukuro, which has a lot of anime merch shops aimed more towards female fans; I had a friend there that guided me to the yaoi doujin shops eue; but i suppose that's probably not something you'll be looking for with your family around. Akihabara is the main nerd merch center, with a lott more merch and such; that area also has a lot of cat cafes, and other animal cafes, i almost went to a bunny one but it was full. Akihabara has one day of the week where the street is closed to vehicle traffic, so that's a really nice day to go cause you can get a bit away from the crowd by walking in the middle of the road like a badass >w<
    The zoo in Tokyo is very cute! If you want to see giant pandas, there's two there, and you can be freaked out by the intimidating panda guards too! cx I went there one day when I was more tuckered out cause it was the end of my trip, it was very peaceful and nice.
    If you're going to go to Mt. Fuji, research different places you can see the mountain from! I went to Lake Kawaguchi, which was a pretty cute tourist spot (and where i got almost all my souvenirs for my family), but it took a loooong time to get there and back and I at least didn't see too much to do around the area. Also watch for the weather the day you're going!! when I went Fuji was covered by clouds >.<

I also visited Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka, so if you're going to those I can give more info on what I did there! :3

18. Technicality

I think we're staying in Tokyo. Not 100% sure what other cities are on the list, though I think we're going to Hiroshima and Kyoto. Definitely Mt. Fuji! I'll figure out what cities we're visiting and let you know!

• Like x 2
  19. Our first delivery for the day is here 2 hours early. The second cashier was supposed to be here ten minutes ago. This is fine .jpg

• Witnessed x 1
  20. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I read the entire wikipedia article about Bonnie and Clyde for no good reason. I didn't previously know much about them besides how they died.

It was a hell of a lot like reading a certain type of really depressing fanfic. I mean, I really enjoy fic where characters are miserable, but not like that. I would not have liked that fanfic at all. I probably would have quit reading early on.

I wonder why I finished the article. It's way worse when it's actual real people. And it's not like the end was going to be a surprise. Oh well, it was depressing but didn't make me depressed or anything. I'm mostly just slightly puzzled by my own actions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice