Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

good idea! although sometimes i get anxious when i do headphones with a bunch of people around me... hyper vigilance is the culprit i think. its just family, maybe itll be okay?

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Try one earbud in and one out so you can hear what's going on around you?

• Like x 2
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

...how has that never occured to me. I am a dumb. All these years i coulda been doing that, what a good idea

4. It's become a habit of mine tbh.

5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Last time I flew I downloaded a very long piece of fanfic as an e-book since AO3 allows people to offer that option. I also downloaded some other books in the public domain. I then downloaded some episodes of various shows on Netflix, which I don't know if you have, but it's if you do it's a nice option. I also brought a dot-to-dot book, which might or might not be different enough from coloring to offer a break.

• Like x 1
  6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I went to the longest open air bookmarket in Europe :D

I go every year and it's always fun :D

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 3
  7. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

For long car rides I like to like... pre-daydream some good fanfic or similar ideas so I can let my brain go into expanding them whenever I get bored
    Also, drowsy Dramamine always makes a trip go faster for me, if you're capable of sleeping in such quarters. guarantees you won't get motion sick as well

• Agree x 1
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

seconding the fanfic ideas, I've ot a couple long ones lined up for the drive to italy tomorrow and the day after and also for the way back if I'm lucky they may hold up til then.

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Otherwise I believe you can download shows and movies onto phones with like black magic/the netflix app (at least it offered me to do that???? idk)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It's good to have a few beloved 100k+ fics saved on one's phone just in case.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

With the Netflix app, it depends on the licensing agreement for the specific show I believe. Archer you can't download at all last I checked. Sherlock had downloads that expired after a few days. Some shows had no apparent restrictions. There may be an upper limit on how much you can download at once, but it seems reasonable.

If you're really desperate, youtube red offers a month free trial during which you can save youtube videos to your phone with the youtube app. Just remember to not give them payment info/unsubscribe before the trial period expires. I think the download ability should last through the rest of the billing period even if you cancel your subscription.

• Like x 2
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Winner x 3
  13. Look at those eyes!

• Agree x 4
  14. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I understand why calicos are (almost) always female (barr bodies, etc.), but why are orange cats almost always boys? Is orange just rare enough that you don't get a lot of homozygous females?

Edit: Apparently yes, and orange female cats aren't as rare as I thought!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • Like x 1
  15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

[Edit:] Of a broken man.
    [Edit: The seconding] And thusly the [​IMG][ IMG ] was slain, replaced with the video link it should have been all along.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

um. kintsugi why.

17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

[Edit:] Corrected link

18. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

@ kintsugi thank you for having the ability to change how the background style looks, sage and sand is amazing and my sudden switch to a subaccount that does not have it enabled has made me appreciate it more.

• Agree x 5
  19. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

> Reading about tattoo covering laws in certain places
    > Thinking about the shoulder tattoo (Luka's genderfuck multitool symbol) and how I'd cover that
    > Bandages?
    > Nah
    > Bolero!
    > Bolero with long flowing sleeves, feeling like a fucking mermaid

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Fun fact, whenever 11:11 rolls around i almost always wish for pizza automatically

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice