Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

a struggle, in medias res
    IMG_20170103_153551~2.jpg IMG_20170103_153556~2.jpg IMG_20170103_153559~2.jpg
    the victor extends his hand in friendship to his fallen foe....... a time of peace is upon us IMG_20170103_153542~2.jpg
    a hero.....
    IMG_20170103_153251~2.jpg

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 1
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

My mom is constantly in a tizzy about the neighbor's dog sometimes wandering into our lawn. Lawn battles are so ridiculous

• Agree x 1
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

would there be interest in a gunnerkrigg court thread?
    because i wanna discuss, but i swore to myself that i'd never set foot into the gunnerkrigg court forums again because damn that's some bullshit there

• Like x 1
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I think rthere already is a thread, but i donßt recall the title

5. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

A forum search finds me nothing but mentions of the comic in other threads, including the general webcomics thread.

(I'd definitely be interested in a thread, though! I'm a perpetual lurker so I can't promise to say much, but I'd at least try? :D)

6. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

has anyone else ever been so drunk they didn't care they were throwing up, or is that a depression thing?

7. I think that's probably a depression thing.

8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I'm not much of a drinker so I haven't thrown up from that, but I have thrown up from medications and from illness before without really caring. I didn't feel bad or flat though, just somewhat distantly loopy and full of vertigo. Haha, this sure is happening, I might have thought.

9. Sethrial MacCoill

for me it was "This drink is delicious. I have to throw up now. I'm throwing up now. This doesn't taste very good. My stomach doesn't hurt anymore. Now I can go drink some more." all with the same sort of feeling you get when you read a really mediocre story you aren't invested in.

• Witnessed x 2
  10. Sethrial MacCoill

try mckenzie's black cherry if you want to vomit bright red that isn't blood.

• Informative x 4
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Winformative. Also admittdly, I have a hard time imagining not caring if I throw up in spite of my depression. it´s just that awful.

12. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

i have a slight phobia of vomiting, can i have that superpower?

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Also witnessed, but one rating per account etc.etc.

14. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I was just trying to decide between ratings myself, so I went with witnessed. Now it's all covered.

• Winner x 1
  15. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

No, I've definitely had that happen before from drinking. I was more surprised than anything else, like "Welp I guess this is happening now, feels weird, I'm going to wash my mouth out and go to sleep now." Throwing up from medication was a very different, more miserable experience. Of course, I've thrown up very rarely in my adult life, so ymmv. I was more confused that time than anything else, but I wasn't even very much that.

• Agree x 1
  16. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

• i have some kind of flat, slightly elongated pendant ocarina type whistle thing, that sadly doesn't respond to classic 6 hole ocarina fingering charts. i will likely purchase one or two more standa ocarinas at the next ren faire
    • my blockflöte/recorder is a renaissance type flute, so i had to dig up renaissance fingering charts to get the correct notes out. standard recorder F position produces a D#, for one
    • hand flute is fun, even if i've barely managed a sound, and now can't reproduce it apart from building up a shit ton of air pressure via my lungs. there's optimisation there, and i don't have the lung volume i had when i was singing in two choirs any more.

• Like x 1
  17. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I wish the Affini were real :(

My diabetic coworker asked for candy for Christmas. Is there a good candy gift that’s sugar free? She said any kind of candy that’s not chocolate would be fine.

18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

All I can say is, maybe not sugar free gummy bears.

• Agree x 3
  19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Google says the culprit with those is sugar alcohols, particularly maltitol. So, might want to check the ingredients list for that.

• Informative x 2
  20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Most sugar substitutes are laxatives, since the entire point is that they don't get digested. The main problem with sugar-free gummy bears is that people tend to eat the whole 5-pound bag at once.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice