Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

• Informative x 3
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Huh, yeah. I look at that and see the problem immediately. Why wouldn’t I kill the animal? I probably wouldn’t in Skyrim but that’s not an MMO. There’s no feeling of scarcity if I’m not the one who kills the thing. Also it’s actually work to hunt down those low-xp creatures because they flee.

I think it literally would not occur to me that the game did not intend for me to kill the animal as long as it looked like anything else I was intended to kill and the game rewarded me the same ways even if less.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I don't really know where to tell the story of the fae trail, so here will have to work.

There's an offshoot hiking trail on a mountain near me that apparently only appears when i'm alone. I've gone hiking on the main trail it comes off of four times, twice alone and twice with other people, and I've only ever found it the two times i've been alone.

First time: year and a half ago, right when pokemon go came out. I was walking constantly, ranging throughout my city and beyond, and finally got a chance to go into the wilderness (sort of) to see what pokemon lurked out in the tall grass. I went to guild trail for the first time (passed it every day on my way to work, but never stopped) with the intent to explore as much of it as I could. A little ways in I saw another trailhead leading off into the forest, a beautifully shady and inviting bit of path after a week of walking around in the sun. I went up it, climbing slowly but steadily up into the mountain for about ten minutes before I realized there were no pokemon there and went back to the much better trod Guild Trail.

Second time: went with a friend who is no longer a friend who wanted to see about hiking but wasn't sure about it. This trail is the easiest one in the world. It's all but paved. We went down it and I didn't see the offshoot, but I wasn't really looking and had mostly forgotten about it. Didn't worry about it.

Third time: A few days ago, I went hiking with my boyfriend. we wanted to go on one down by a lake, but it was a mud pit, so i suggested the mountains. we started on the main trail and went about half a mile both ways, all the while I was looking for the offshoot trail because I remember it being beautiful and wanted to enjoy it again with him. I spent the entire time looking at the uphill side of the trail, looking for that inviting little dip in the tree line, and never saw it. There were a good three or four downhill paths that we didn't take because it turns out he doesn't actually like hiking, but nothing going up.

Today: I went hiking with the express purpose of finding and exploring this trail. I had water and snacks and was determined to find it, no matter what. Ten minutes on the main trail and there was that beautiful, shady, inviting trailhead, just to my left. I followed it up for about 2 miles and then came to a road I had never seen before with not a car to be seen. There was a guy walking along the side of the road, guy about my age wearing a cookie monster shirt. I asked him if the trail continued and he gave me extremely detailed instructions of how to get to the next part, using the word 'yonder' once and 'clearing' about four times, in a voice that stuck in my head for nearly an hour afterwards. I thanked him and kept going for about another half mile, up to a really cool boulder where I sat and drank some water. Then I went back. Other than that one guy, the road, and some overgrown stone picnic tables I didn't see any sign of human civilization the entire time I was on that trail. It was weird.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
  4. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I have thirty euros to spend on French Amazon what should I buy

6. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

There's fortunately an easy cure for this. Whenever I get anime-induced face blindness, I resort to watching another high profile character/show until it's gone away. Take Superman, for example. He's recognizable, distinct, easy to associate with...

[​IMG]

oh no

[​IMG]

OH NO

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Me, 75 episodes later: this is just how people look right

(eta: those pics made me actually laugh out loud, thank you for sharing)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'd link you to my wishlist, but I'd say probably some snacks you can't usually get in the US or something.

• Agree x 1
  9. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Gravity Falls is another show like that, LOL. I love fanart of Gravity Falls OCs done in the show's style, it's ... hilarious.

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Thanks for the input! I do love snacks.....

• Agree x 1
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I just had coffee for the first time in over a year and... am waiting nervously for any results

• Witnessed x 5
  12. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Spotted some weird stuff going to and from work this week so I took some pictures.
    849037F6-775E-43FA-B4D5-EAD0C1B81499.jpeg

8D674419-715A-42CC-A4BD-8768B6CD6414.jpeg

• Like x 5
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

pros of animation companies having you do a test shot as part of the hiring process: i get to spend a weekend making a cool animation instead of trying to convince people to like me based on talking to them for half an hour
    cons: WOW ITS LIKE SCHOOL FINALS FEELINGS ALL OVER AGAIN EXCEPT THIS TIME THE STAKES ARE WHETHER OR NOT I GET TO LEAVE POVERTY

• Witnessed x 7
  14. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

COMPLETED THE THING. jesus christ i didnt miss the emotional rollercoaster of extremely important art on tight deadline in isolation

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I really want to be a fount of relentless positivity but I'm starting to realize that I just... can't. I get burnout dealing with other people's bullshit for more than two days at a time, and other bubbly, positive people piss me off with their high energy golden retriever puppy shit.

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 2
  16. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Some of us are not meant to be little rays of sunshine. :)

• Agree x 3
  17. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

I don't have a vent thread to blog about this in, so I'm going to note it here to get it off my chest: I'm off to my first therapist appointment in a decade and feeling optimistic; I quite like the lady I'm assigned to.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 5
  18. Wormwitch

It’s snowing like crazy and I just heard thunder outside. What is up with the weather lately.

19. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Is being genderfluid/bigender/otherwise gender nonconforming like multiclassing genders?

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  20. Wormwitch

PS4s overheat really quickly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice