Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

2. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bb minor - obscure and terrible

Perfect

3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

a transmission from the plant zone...
    view of part of the botanical conssrvatory from near the door, because some of these plants make me nervous for whatever reason so i retreated to the Safe Non Plant Zone: 20180314_135511.jpg if you look at the stone near the bottom of the pic u will see just straight up chunks of amethyst, because it's A Thing here. Im surprised that it hasnt lost its colour over the decades but maybe not being in total direct sunlight helps. Without outright saying where this place is, it does have...idk maybe a ton or more of amethyst bearing rock? In the building.

Now for the forbidden cactus zone
    20180314_135549.jpg Taken from outside the door to that greenhouse, because while the door is open theyve been off limits for years for whatever reason. Theyre hoping to fix them.

Idk what all of this even is, a lot of them have labels tho i just forget what they say now. The tall skinny bamboo looking one is bamboo
    20180314_142746.jpg

A very nice soothing water feature with even more amethyst. The water has a bunch of change in it, i wonder if they fish it out for the donation box at th3 front. I hope so, because i saw like a bunch of toonies and loonies in there. That's Actual Money... you could be just giving them that for upkeep...
    20180314_142631.jpg

Off to the right, idk if thats a lemon tree or other lemon type citrus. In the middle, theres this huge goddamn bird of paradise:

20180314_142602.jpg

Mom Holy Fuck
    20180314_142521.jpg

Tiny gnome scene, or possibly fae who eat anyone who takes bits off of the plants or picks the fruit
    20180314_142430.jpg

Speaking of fruit, figs :D
    20180314_142329.jpg
    20180314_142144.jpg
    Kintsugi on mobile isnt letting me move that pic down, but it's coffee cherries. I took more pics but i'm hungry so thats all for now

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  4. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Big hat, big mood.

5. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

watching druid speedruns of diablo 2 that dont use transformation gives me life
    tiny me was a summoner/elementalist druid and i did mad damage and everyone was like "but transformation!!"
    and i couldnt play transformation for shit. but i was good at summoner/elementalist druid. ::<

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

On rare occasions the continuous mashup that is my brain-noise produces things that almost make sense.

"Despite all my rage I am still coming out of my cage and I'm doing just fine"

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  7. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

C0B22C85-F7D3-420B-97F7-5AA05263DA36.jpeg
    Pretty sunset tonight.

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

• Agree x 3
  9. Wormwitch

Did some readings for coworkers with my Oracle deck for the first time today, and it was really fun! Can’t remember what cards they got, but at least they enjoyed themselves. I was surprised how into it they were once I started.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. Wormwitch

My face is so dry. I wish there was some kind of face moisturizer that came in a tube like chapstick so I wouldn’t have to touch goop.

• Witnessed x 3
  11. Acey

...I wonder if chapstick would work? :P Probably not, but hey. (I don't mind touching the goop personally, but I can absolutely see why it might be a sensory nope.)

Also, this has reminded me that I should probably get more face wash stuff.

• Witnessed x 1
  12. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Some lotions come in bar form where you can just rub them on your face! Lush's Full of Grace is a popular one.

• Useful x 4
  13. Wormwitch

Went on a walk through town to do some sight seeing and shopping. Found some fun stuff in a shop downtown. Going to go back again when I have more money, because this place definitely has stuff I overlooked.

0D9162FD-878E-4B7A-9A08-DB325916430E.jpeg E6094F8B-3291-43B0-9559-77F67E6AB6BC.jpeg 17FC5B30-2AFB-4A29-BC3B-90DC0696A8DF.jpeg

• Winner x 4
  14. Acey

...I need that tarot deck.

• Agree x 1
  15. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I have never encountered a chapstick-like lotion applicator though that sounds interesting! I couldn’t use actual chapstick I’m pretty sure or my skin would break out because it’s a bit too heavy and greasy. I’ve found that pure aloe gel is very helpful for uncomfortably dry skin if I don’t wanna put anything lotiony on it.

(I don’t have the bottle on hand. Googling tells me there’s many people who care a lot about whether the product is actually nothing but pure aloe plant without any additives to stabilize it or enhance shelf life, which I don’t give a fuck about. I’m just interested in low to no alcohol content because many lotions have a bit and it kinda stings. I thiiiink I’ve got Fruit of the Earth brand aloe gel and I’m very happy with it, no stinging.)

For me, it’s a question of not having my skin break out by adding more oil if it’s already oily. But the texture of aloe gel might be more acceptable to some people than lotion? It’s a little goopy but feels watery rather than slick or greasy, and it sinks in extremely fast without leaving a feeling of residue on your hands. I haven’t noticed any particular odor either, which is nice.

• Useful x 3
  16. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Verily something that sinks in really fast sounds appealing to me; the lingering residue is one of the reasons I hate facial moisturizer.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I use pure aloe gel every night (although I mix some tea tree oil into mine) and will second the texture being relatively pleasant if you're used to lanolin or petroleum based creams.

• Useful x 1
  18. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

It sounds disgusting initially, but Korean snail cream moisturisers are the bomb, feel more like aloe gel than like "lotion", and sink in very fast. The higher the percentage, the less goopy it is.

• Useful x 3
  19. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I found a youtube channel that has a bunch of songs edited to sound like they’re being played over the sound system in an empty shopping center.

Oddly relaxing: Africa by Toto

Less relaxing: Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads

It’s not even unnerving so much as just confusing.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

There's a whole similar Tumblr too that has songs made to sound like theyre being played in another room. I don't remember the name of it though.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice