Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Did you ever notice that the word ok kinda looks like a stick figure on its side

• Informative x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

no

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Yeah, in lower case one that's saying "talk to the hand"...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

To my immense surprise, I have somehow managed to put too much black pepper in this soup.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Informative x 1
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Which rating says I’m impressed by your bold discovery but sorry about your soup?

• Agree x 2
  6. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I accidentally typed 'canned bear' instead of 'canned beer' and now I'm imagining normal-sized cans of extremely small bears

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Misty Pond I immediately thought of canned teddy bears and then could not remember if that was a fever dream or not.

Apparently not.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
  8. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

A thing happened earlier today that's funny in retrospect?

so i have an insulin pump, which uses a thing sort of similar to an IV to actually deliver the insulin. I removed the current infusion set (ie the Thing) and it bled? Sometimes it does that so i wasnt worried, but uh there was More Blood?? it like spurted and it was alarming. it was just a pinprick sized hole where i was bleeding from but it was soaking a paper towel soooo uh yeah

my mom called 911 but it stopped pretty quickly so we didnt have to actually get an ambulance. it just closed up and stopped bleeding, and then the hotel staff knocked on the door like "uhm do you need us to do first aid while the ambulancw gets here" and we were like, no it's fine

as i'm standing there with my shirt pulled up to show my stomach,with like blood stains on it lmao

anyway it was all fine but it was pretty spooky for a second there

• Witnessed x 4
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Yeah, that would be disconcerting.

I usually don't have too much issue with my injections (the applicator is like an epipen, it's pretty straightforward and I've gotten a lot of practice), but occasionally I hit a real bleedy spot and it just oozes for a while and I can't even press anything against it to make it stop. Considering I only inject 0.8 mL of fluid, it always makes me a bit jumpy because... like... stop that, I need you in body, not seeping out

• Agree x 3
  10. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

A guy I'm dating just dropped an "I love you" on me. I'm kinda freaking out because I don't love, or say Love, easily. it's a big deal to me and he just said it so casually and idk i'm kinda freaking out and needed to tell someone.

• Witnessed x 7
  11. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

• Like x 2
  12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Ooh I have a blood story.

So I was playing darts in my friend’s basement. They had a fancy board with super thin metal piping between the different point areas. I somehow managed to hit that.

The dart rebounded and hit me in the wrist right near a vein or something. It wasn’t a big wound but holy shit. I was cupping my hand as the blood pooled there so it wouldn’t drip on the floor. I wasn’t entirely successful.

The basement had an unfinished concrete floor. My friend’s mom was trying to bleach the stains out before they set while I rested nearby, elevating my bandaged wrist.

It looked like something terrible had happened.

Everyone was freaking out, but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

• Winner x 4
  13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I should point out that an IM injection site bleeding a lot might be a sign that you hit a vein, which can be really bad. Make sure to pull on the plunger a bit, if blood comes out you should probably pull it out and do the injection on another spot.

14. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

15. I got my cassette! It sounds good, though I do have to crank the volume up a bit to get past the static. Not sure whether it’s my headphones or the player itself at fault there. But it works!

• Winner x 4
  16. Everett

This is true! Fortunately this was subcutaneous, and it was being removed when stuff started happening. Still no clue why it happened, but i have a bit of a bruise there now

Edit
    to clarify, it wasnt an injection, my pump uses a sorf of silicone cannula under the skin, into the fat (subcutaneous). It sits there for about 3-4 days delivering insulin, and this one was in a spot where the keys on my lanyard kept hitting it, so maybe that was part of the reason. My mom was also confused about how a vein or artery or w/e could have been hit, so who knows what happened

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Lawful good or chaotic neutral.

• Like x 1
  18. Everett

non sequitur:

I saw a shirt a few weeks ago that seemed very Terezi, but i didnt buy it

20180509_002932.jpg

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  19. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I can absolutely see Terezi wearing that

• Agree x 8
  20. I impulse-bought at $20 turntable at a community garage sale yesterday... I am quickly becoming That Guy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice