Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

[​IMG]

I can see inside my computer! It's very exciting to me.

• Like x 6
  2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

@Imoyram There's on in the Netherlands too :) It's at the top of a big hill, and it's the border between the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

3. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I did wonder if there was one there, I knew that those four states met in a corner :P
    Still, I do quite like the Scandinavian countries, and since I plan on visiting them eventually, why not do some fun silly run around in circles :D

fake eta: oh cool another one!

• Like x 1
  4. i am super excited about greyhounds rn! so so so so excited! the puppies are so cute and i can't wait to bring a retired racer in2 my life 2 help me out 8D
    greyhounds are one of the oldest dog breeds and they're a lot healthier than some other large breeds and i found a really nice kennel that i wanna adopt from and someone should ttly ask me questions about greyhounds, i love them so much and i joined a forum for them and yeah! greyhounds!

• Like x 4
  5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Are there varieties of greyhounds? What are their usual temperaments? What kind of things do you want in the greyhound you will eventually adopt? //knows very little about greyhounds

6. there are color varieties of greyhounds, the most common of which being black and some permutation of brindle, and they're generally pretty quiet, gentle, and lazy. they only need like one half hour walk a day and maybe some sprinting time and they're good, and the fuckers sleep about as much as cats. and i'm looking into a greyhound as a service dog prospect, so they have to be p much bombproof lmao. i want a male from blu too kennel, because they've had several of their dogs go on to become service dogs and are just an all-around great racing kennel, but i'd be perfectly happy with any pupper capable of passing muster, even if they're a female from a kennel other than blu too. temperament wise i need something quiet, attentive, intelligent, and willing to please that can be taught to get along with a cat and live in a multi-dog household. the latter shouldn't be a problem as greys spend a lot of time with other greys throughout their racing careers and the cat thing, while a bit harder, is something that the adoption group i intend to adopt through tests for.

edit: there's a dog similar to the greyhound called the galgo in spain, but they're used for hare-hunting instead of racing, and they have it much rougher than their american cousins 8(

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    • Like x 1
  7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I'm not well versed enough in Overwatch lore or game structure in general to make a decent fake hero, but one's been scratching at the back of my head for a while now. I'm imagining a pair, one human, one monster. Monster is pretty heavily mutilated, and has issues moving. was thinking maybe she's winged and her wings are totally or half removed. Clings to human's back for fast movement. Generally pretty hardy, I think, and there'd be some way to switch between human w/decent movement and agility and Monster with high attack but terrible movement. Human is also not super all together, maybe blind? Both hurt, helping each other out. Close range fighter, def. Monster maybe takes damage pretty well, but human doesn't. can kill one or the other, andthe one remaining gets a damage boost but loses what the other gives, mobility or sight i guess. Bat like monster?? has sonic attacks, noise helps human maneuver. idk. i like fighting game/whatever characters that are 2 in 1.

original concept was ruler of some place or another kept a mutilated monster trapped in a mqze of sorts, starved her, and tossed a buncha people they didn't like in the pit and let the monster hunt them down. eventually one of the peeps who landed in there would be a wee little smeet, and the monster would be all, ew, gross, that bastard's supposed to send me criminal scum and cops to eat, not babies. but shit there is no food? mercy kill? And the kid's like fuck you i want a say in this, and monster goes doki doki. Monster does her best to keep kiddo alive, bastard who owns the pit is like, yunni what thisbis p cute, I'm okay with it. Monster eats meat, and meat is humans, kid eats meat sometimes and is only a little guilty and ashamed of this. Eventually kid is like, wait, is the eating humans thing a preference or...? should i be afraid? And monster is all, oops, no, tbks is ungood, time for get out get revenge. and that's backstory.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    • Like x 3
  8. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I had to wake up at 5:30 for a flight, but my alarm was set for 5:30 PM :| Fortunately my dad woke me up. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to sleep last night until like one thirty and I'm bad at functioning on little sleep.

Currently this is manifesting as cheerful rambliness, but I know it's gonna hit me at some point. HOPEFULLY on the plane. Hopefully I will actually be able to sleep on the plane, which I can't usually.

9. blue

blue hightown funk you up

me: what am I watching?! it's so stupid but so compelling. why are these women so angry at each other about such stupid things?
    me: ... oh my god it's the real housewives of orange county

• Like x 2
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i thought this was funny so imma share it. also i wish i had as many nail polishes as that, i think i only have like... a tenth of the amount she does.

• Like x 2
  11. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

• Like x 4
  12. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

(✪㉨✪)
    I am excite! Give this to me immediately movie industry.

• Like x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

i spent the last two and a half hours walking home after my car broke down and my phone bricked and it turned out that I am too fucking broken to go with the obvious and easy solution if it means talking to people. And, I dunno, iy felt like a quest when i was doing it. It felt good, kinda, or at leazt grqnd, like fucking accomplishing something. And now I'm home, and I'm shivering and sweaty and I have work tomorrow and I dunno, i just feel kinda empty inside. Like, at the end of the day I'm still just someidiot who accomplished nothing and fuck i really expected the effort i put in to result in something. I'm such a fucking child.

15. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Certain kinds of effort are harder than others! You did something, you are home now, you were not paralyzed by decision fatigue. You framed it in such a way that it didn't seem that bad. It's an accomplishment. Hugs if you want them.

16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

@WinkWonk im at an aquarium today, I'll post shark pics here when I get home for the night!

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

pardon me if i'm holding her wrong, i've never held a pig before. she didn't seem in distress. LOOK HOW SMALL AND CUTE, SHE IS 8 MONTHS AND NAMED PENELOPE. i was also super happy that they were fully aware how big she'd get and seemed absolutely sure of what they were doing. for a second i was afraid they had fallen into the "mini pig" trap. also their toddler was watching peppa pig and i thought that was adorable.

penelope 2 (1).JPG
    penelope 2 (2).JPG

• Like x 13
  19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

PIGGY WIG

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice