Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Thank you three very much :^) I appreciate it.

• Like x 2
  2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

• Winner x 8
  3. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

I'm trying to watch anime but it's set in England and all the birds are Wrong

All the background birds are ones from North America, including the haunting and distinctive Hermit Thrush.

• Witnessed x 11
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Tumblr is refusing to let me go to any blogs, it just redirects me to my dashboard every time I try. Is this happening to anyone else? How do I fix it?

• Witnessed x 3
  5. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

It seems to be happening almost exclusively to European Tumblr users which is... Most suspicious

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  6. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Gel pens! Gel pens! In glitter and metallic! They make great gel pens now compared to when I was in middle school haha. I felt really weird buying these for myself, but it’s not like anyone can stop me right?

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
  7. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

This is completely wild speculation, but people have been mentioning that the dashboard works, everything that takes you away from the dashboard doesn’t work, and yet the app works perfectly fine.

I wonder if it’s an authentication issue. Apparently the dashboard does authentication differently from how the rest of the site may when you’re using a browser. They seem to have made the dash do ssl by default, but not necessarily anything else. The app does ssl by default I think, because that’s just the way it was coded.

Maybe it’s having trouble authenticating requests that aren’t ssl and dumping people back to the homepage, which then successfully authenticates and gives them their dash?

If there is an attack or a major technical issue, there may well not be any news with any actual substance until it’s fixed. Otherwise that can be a bit like a bank taking out an ad in the paper to inform their customers that they’re having some issues and the vault is unprotected atm.

• Informative x 3
    • Useful x 1
  8. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

tumblr is a functional website.

• Agree x 3
  9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

10. chthonicfatigue

I refuse point blank to use the Tumblr app because it is even more of a garbage fire than the main website

• Agree x 5
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The genre of "extreme horror" is disappointing to me because it's just regular horror made more gross and offensive, not more extremely frightening. I guess that would be hard to classify, but still.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 3
  12. Nobody's Home

Lol I'm only listening to the mouth songs now I'm really late

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Nobody's Home

/redacted/
    Sorry

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'm not touching that story with a ten-foot pole because it hits on a whole lot of triggers, but I've heard it was pretty good if you didn't mind that or the fact that the author thinks it's a realistic scenario.

15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I came across this video and watched on a whim and while i was waiting for the punchline it took a turn and i ended up crying instead. It was very much a saudade sort of feel.

• Agree x 2
  16. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

file under "images i would ironically rate Agree, Useful or Informative"
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 3
    • Useful x 3
    • Winner x 2
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

pikboo!

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
  18. chthonicfatigue

So I just found out that my family motto is concedo nulli - I Yield To No-One My Trust. And if that isn't the most concise description of my fucking issues.

• Witnessed x 7
  19. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I really love how cooking a decent steak is the easiest thing in the world, but everyone treats it like a difficult skill to master. Literally, four steps. Marinate or dry-rub, worse comes to worse throw a little salt and black pepper on it. heat and grease pan. throw steak on and leave it alone for five minutes. flip it and leave it alone for another five minutes. congratulations, you have a perfect steak.

• Like x 1
  20. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

The shoemaker round the corner just tried to sell me that the part of the sole that held 2 years longer than the one that had to be fixed on both sides is the one under greater stress, and that the only way to fix this is so put on a new sole completely, which would cost me 40 bucks.

Well, friend, I have super glue and leather enough to make an entire doll armory. Big enough pieces to resole them completely twice, too.

• Winner x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice