Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Today I learned about Swedish Fish Theory

The gist is, you'll get better and faster service on repairing computer/machinery if you include a bag of candy (that won't melt and become awful) in the package! The little brightening of the IT person's day, the gesture of "hey thanks for doing this"... apparently this is a thing!

• Like x 7
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

• Like x 7
  3. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

octopus!!!! i hope u told the octopus they are important and beautiful.

• Like x 2
  4. WinkWonk

WinkWonk 30 Luminous Shark Distresses The Squeamish

Aaaah, these are so beautiful! Look at the lil sharky babs! Also, what a gorgeous octopus! I love how the red light makes it look a little sinister.
    Thank you for tagging me, and I hope you had a lot of fun at the aquarium c:

• Like x 1
  5. theambernerd

I did! It was a very cute aquarium, it's hard to see but in the picture with the dark band behind some other sharks there was a shark cuddle puddle, like four or five of them just hanging out. >w<
    The main tank was super beautiful and there were lots of other cool fish around!! and some really excited doofy seals
    And I saw penguin sex whoops
    Just. Aquariums and zoos are such relaxing vacation things to do. Just watch animals being awesome, the best

• Like x 3
  6. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

So random I had to laugh instead of being mad: it was really hot and sunny today, so I left my car windows open a crack this morning at work. When I left the office, there were TWO TINY BIRDS IN MY CAR. They were panic-flapping so hard that they couldn't get out through the small openings they had come in through. I had to open all the doors to get them out, and while they were panicking, they pooped all over the inside of my car.

• Like x 7
  7. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

That is simultaneously incredibly cute and really fucking gross.

• Like x 4
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I am ill and coughing a lot, and I bought cough syrup that helps loosen sputum. And wow, it is loosening sputum amazingly. Now I am trying to decide whether I am lazy enough to make a spit bucket or whether I want to keep walking back and forth to the bathroom XD

10. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

When I had my wisdom teeth out the socket got infected and I ended up just putting a cup beside the bed because I was constantly spitting pus that had leaked from them and it was just too much to feel sick and awful and walk the five feet to the sink. So don't feel bad for going for the spit bucket :P

11. Emma

I walked to the sink the first two times, because it seemed more appropriate, and then it hasn't really happened since, so my body made the decision for me really.

12. Emma

I thought this:
    [​IMG]

Was quite hilarious :P

• Like x 4
  13. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

when people say they like the smell of rain, do they mean during the actual rain, or afterwards

because to me, after it's rained everything smells like mud and piss. and if it's during the rain itself, it just smells...wet?

what is the appeal? :mystery:

14. Emma

Might have to do with the place where you live. Here, after it rains it's usually cooler, so there's this crisp, clear feeling in the air.

Unless it's really hot when it rains, then it's just muggy (doesn't happen often, luckily)

• Like x 1
  15. Lib

Lib Well-Known Member

Yeah - here, after it's rained you get the lovely smell of coolness and wet greenery and damp soil and general clearness.

• Like x 3
  16. Emma

Do all american pastries from bakeries come in pink boxes?

17. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

it's entirely possible that it's just my sense of smell being glitchy and taking all of those lovely-sounding things and translating it as 'lol, piss I guess?'

18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

19. theambernerd

The Red Green Show is so excellent

• Like x 1
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I AM TRULEY SORRY FOR YOUR LOTS IS FROM HOW IS BABBY FORMED????

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice