Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

Bb minor

• Like x 1
  2. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

D major when i'm at my best

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

aaaaaaaaaaah.gif
    aaaaaaaaah.jpg
    -continued excited screaming-

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

A major who wants to be D major

5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

For some reason I woke up today with the thought, "A DnD bard who's a little old lady whose Perform checks are speeches of kindly little old lady wisdom and who casts Vicious Mockery by saying she's disappointed in you."

• Winner x 7
  6. winterykite

Doubles as Discworld Witch.

• Agree x 4
  7. winterykite

reality is like a first gen pokemon game. incredibly advanced for its time and until you really start poking places and doing things you shouldnt it works as intended, but now a couple years after release people started poking and exploiting. quantum physics is basically just missingno

• Winner x 6
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

"And now we're going to shake some atoms so we bypass the lightspeed barrier and appear at our destination. Thanks for watching this reality speedrun!"

• Winner x 7
  9. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

I always likened it to chess pieces discovering the coffee table, and getting very upset that questions like 'what square is it on?' don't have meaningful answers.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

apparently there is a protein (gene? not 100% sure and I don't want to attend the dissertation presentation because time and energy) called "optimus prime"

biologists are goddamn nerds

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

i saw ohio on a labelled map today and once again im reminded that i think of most states as being like

Shoved into in this green square, while Nothing Exists within the black dotted line. The blue coloured states are the ones i definitely know, and its probably not coincidence that theyre all "edge" pieces like in a jigsaw puzzle

20181016_171400.png

Arizona? I thought it was where like. Wyoming is. Ohio? Either colorado or nebraska

Minnesota i only know because i live a decent distance to the minnesota-canada border, and new york is only that specific because i used to live a short hop from the NY-Ontario border

Alaska and hawaii are givens

Edit:i thought maine was where maryland is

And i didnt understand the carolinas are on the coast until i heard about the hurricane and looked for my friend's city on a map

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

The Boston Dynamics robot dancing to Uptown Funk is currently consuming my life.

• Winner x 10
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I relate so hard, @Everett. I'm terrible with geography--I actually had to look up the state my own girlfriend lives in on a map just the other day because I straight-up could not remember where it was.

• Witnessed x 4
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Same hat, geography is hard :(

• Agree x 4
  15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I'm pretty good at states, but only because two years in a row in middle school was forced to binge study a map of the usa because a very important test of the term was placing all the states and capitals on a map. l: i recommend not doing this to students

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

If Fallout had Shouts, the first one you learn would be Ting Go Skraa.

• Informative x 2
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

This guy i work with has a work cardigan that he hangs up by his cubical, by which i mean he just puts it on the half wall divider by the cubicals that i have to walk past to get to my work area.

my brain is like "it looks cozy you should sniff it" but im like... no, brain, thats for yarn because Yarn Smel Good, not other peoples sweaters jfc

not all knits are under eminent snif domain

• Witnessed x 8
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Someone please intercede with the universe for me, as I forgot a very expensive textbook that doesn't belong to me on the train today. The only good part about this is I can't imagine that anyone else would want it, so it should be turned in to the lost and found... hopefully....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Witnessed x 12
  19. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Did one of those fic trope test things to figure out what's ur fav/least fav
    [​IMG]

Thoughts

- The bottom ones are arranged a little randomly, mostly on the basis that I find those boring or I don't know those tropes or that i don't have much of an opinion on them

- Middle ones are things I mildly enjoy

- I'd place enemies to friends to lovers higher

- actually unrequited pining at the very bottom seems accurate

• Like x 2
  20. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

idek if this is blessed or cursed but it sure is Something

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice