Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Watership Down is possibly my most-read book, so I have Feelings about it and its adaptations

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I haven't read the book yet! It's one i've been interested in reading for a while, i saw the original animated adaption for the first (and only so far) time a few years back and really enjoyed it, i'll definitely look into finding it again owo (i need to get a local library card anyways)

3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It's a really good book. Highly recommend it.

• Agree x 5
  4. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Watership Down is a book my grandpa read and loaned to both his kids, and they read it to their kids (me, my sister, and my cousins), so I'm biased, but it's one of my favorite books ever.

• Like x 1
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Probably shared this before, but when I was 8 I got the unabridged audio book on 13 clunky cassettes. I listened to it so many times that I still have passages in the narrator's voice that play in my head. I knew which tapes were likely to unspool themselves and how to get them back in working order.

I would love to transfer that particular recording to digital audio because it's such a foundational part of my childhood. I love reading the book too but that audio book is, for me, the best way to enjoy Watership Down.

• Like x 1
  6. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I wish I could rate books on audible that I haven’t listened to in the app. I’ve just been using goodreads to get book recs.

7. Today there was a guy testing out a lawnmower at goodwill. That was odd.

• Like x 2
  8. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

20190101_083309.jpg
    I'm called out lmao

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  9. Look, people can mock Homestucks all they want, but the man likes drinking egg creams, punching N@zis, and being really dramatic. In conclusion, we stan.

• Agree x 3
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Is it weird that I wanna do some self-fanficcing of some OCs of mine who have incompatible orientations and/or personalities in their "canon" incarnations?

11. Wormwitch

Looked up a self help conference my boss is really into and the articles about it are...worrying. My coworkers and I are supposed to go to a free 3 hour introduction to it sometime this month, and I think that’s as far as I’ll go. I can’t imagine paying to go somewhere there’s only one food break and no bathroom breaks over the course of a single 13 hour session, let alone multiple. And I’m really not going to pay and sit to watch some guy scream at people about how the bad stuff that happens in their life is their own fault.

• Witnessed x 6
  12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Uhhhhhhhhhh they charge people money to keep them there for a grueling number of hours while limiting their food intake? Is this a cult?

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  13. Wormwitch

It’s compared to one in a few of the articles I read. Apparently the guy who originally started it eventually sold it to his employees and then left the country. Also you can only drink water while there (no alcohol which is understandable), and you can’t take aspirin (less understandable) or anything.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Wait would they also ban like prescription medications? If so, fuuuuck that

• Agree x 4
  15. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

:excalibur::yikes:

• Agree x 7
  16. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Yup. See, the medication is what's really making you sick, here, take this kale and activated charcoal smoothie or something.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. Wormwitch

I didn’t see anything about prescriptions, just for over the counter.

• Informative x 2
  18. don’t like that

• Agree x 3
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

But. Why.

• Agree x 4
  20. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

"if u take over the counter iron, fuk u
    >:((((((((((((("

-this event i guess

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice