Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. > Ad 1 of 4
    > 120 seconds

Hu/lu why

• Witnessed x 3
  2. versi2

versi2 ???????

look at this line rider video

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

that was exactly what my brain needed right now thank you

• Like x 1
  4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I tried to do a tarot reading for a coworker yesterday using the wild unknown deck and he said the cards looked scary. I asked him to google search for a tarot deck he would prefer I do a reading with and he somehow managed to find the creepiest tarot deck I had ever seen. Not sure how to find a deck that meets both our standards.

Edit: turns out he didn’t like that it had a “pentagram” on it. I feel like 5 pointed stars are a normal tarot thing at this point.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

At that point I think you’d be excused for retracting your offer on the grounds that your comfort zone is not compatible with his. I’m not huge into doing tarot readings myself as anything but entertainment and sometimes a way to focus and shift perspective, but I still would not use a deck I thought was creepy.

I actually like to use Apples to Apples or CAH cards because it’s hilarious and the only thing creepy about it is that it somehow still works surprisingly well. I can usually manage to tell you some strangely coherent story about how a reversed Whoopie Goldberg is relevant to hidden motives or whatever. Brains are good at making meaning even from obvious, intentional nonsense I guess. (Or maybe I’d just make a good conwoman of the type who doesn’t believe she can actually do what she’s advertising but will still charge you for it.)

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Wormwitch

Using cah cards would be pretty funny, and they do sell them in the target near me.

• Winner x 1
  7. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I personally love Takoyaki and I wish I had a giant maker like Emmy uses here, lol!
    The adult dream when I get my own job is to get all the stuff to make my own takoyaki to eat with friends <3

• Winner x 7
  8. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

random protip: you can scroll frame by frame in youtube videos using the ',' and '.' keys
    excellent for lookin through good fast animations

• Useful x 7
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

We've got six RSVP's for my free chainmail class so it's definitely on! I'm bringing tools and materials. Any of you able to make it?

February 14, 7-10pm
    St. Peter’s Lutheran Church
    418 East Sumner St.
    Northfield, MN 55057

Thanks!

• Winner x 5
  10. Wormwitch

I bought the last cards against humanity box that my target had. :toot:

• Winner x 10
  11. versi2

versi2 ???????

hey, pandora. pandora internet radio. pandora what the fuck

I came here for music

• Winner x 3
  12. versi2

versi2 ???????

oh, and for maximum whiplash, the next song was "here comes a thought"

• Witnessed x 1
  13. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Kodachi I am a very tired boy and at first I thought you were offering a class in writing chain letters.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. Wormwitch

My dad bought me a gaming laptop for Christmas after I had already bought myself a computer. I tried to play stardew valley on it through steam, and I can’t play it full screen because the game goes outside the boundaries of the screen.

• Witnessed x 5
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Have you zoomed all the way out? I spent a long time messing around with resolution until I realized that the game’s default zoom cut off a bunch of stuff.

• Informative x 4
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

you could also try manually setting the screen size, it doesn't seem to detect that correctly a lot of the time.

17. Wormwitch

It makes things really awkward when my boss starts crying right before I give tell her I’m quitting.

• Witnessed x 6
  18. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

upload_2019-2-14_21-5-38.png
    Anyway, happy Valentine's day, everyone!

19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

random gripe: when old music recordings are "remastered" except they just isolate the track for each instrument or vocal and put half of them in each ear. I have a dozen pairs of broken earbuds I could use if I was looking for that experience, please just remove the static or whatever and call it good ok

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  20. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice