Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

yeah i opted for 'the things on the first two pages of my ao3 history rn' and then went 'and about 5 million more'
    for past ships went with some from fandoms i'm out of (Destiel for example, not been in the fandom for years at this point)

2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I just vagued about my OTP (because I feel "badly-written canon M/F from a video game no one has played" is probably the relevant info) and didn't specifically mention anything else since otherwise my shipping mostly amounts to "I've decided this character has a crush" and "people who ship this make funny content." ...And I guess technically I namedropped Kylux in my rant about how there are ships I like fandom content for but actively want to not be canon.

3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

oh man on the 'does the fandom affect your ships' part i started my explanation with 'well i'd never have shipped reylo if people didn't hate it so much' XD;

and yeah tbh most all of my ships i either don't want canon or am completely ambivalent to.. tbh i don't get in many fandoms where my ships are possible to become canon

• Agree x 3
  4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I wasn’t sure exactly how to answer on the does the fandom affect your ships question, but I ended up going with no. I don’t stop shipping them, and I still look at fan art and read fanfic. But I don’t really reblog art or fics centered around my ships and I don’t leave comments on ao3 because of my anxiety. My ships tend to attract antis, and it wasn’t until this year that I reblogged stuff with my ships and that’s only because the fandom is small.

• Witnessed x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Most of my ships nowadays start as spite ships, but then I gain interest and generally start liking them

• Like x 1
  6. LadyNighteyes

The current state of fandom is pretty good for producing spite ships.

• Agree x 6
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I mean i have one ship that just kinda...happened to me. No spite involved since its canon.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

My garbage OTP happened because I looked at the nonsensical canon het and went "what?" and tried to figure out how the hell it would work and accidentally got invested and then I was like
    my city now.jpg

• Winner x 8
  9. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

For past ships I said kataang, but I couldn't think of any other ships I would not continue shipping xD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  10. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

There is literally no way for all of my ships to be canon in Homestuck, and that was like. My first real fandom* so I've never known anything else :P I put "Fandom is for playing in the sandbox - canon be damned"

*(unless you count Neopets? Cuz I did make content for that....)

• Agree x 2
  11. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Re Allyssa I appreciate your choice of gif since Miguel and Tulio was probably one of my first ships

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

yeah the 'do you want your ship to be canon/endgame' and I'm like 'no, fuck canon, this is my sandbox now, canon can do whatever'

• Agree x 13
  13. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i would like, you know, some queer ships to be canon, sometimes, ever, please, that'd be nice... but yeah for every stucky i ship twenty kyluxes.

kyluxen? kyluxoi?

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. Zizoz

Zizoz Member

Kyluces, perhaps.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It's fandom variable for me (and I said that in the survey) because for all that I have my conspiracy theory meta about Aiden/Damien and shit, I do think it would detract from the rest of the plot of the game if something like Aiden/Jordi (or Aiden/Clara, or whatever) was given any screentime at all.

On the flipside, the number of times I've yelled JUST COMMIT AND MAKE IT GAY, COWARDS at a movie that wanted to go on about Strong Manly Bonds That Transcend Space And Time And The Existence Of The Pouty-Lipped Romantic Interest With Four Lines Total is... pretty high................

(@ the Fast & Furious producers: call me.)

• Agree x 4
  16. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

can we form a club? the "agent 13 is fantastic on her own but the only way that kiss could've been more forced would be if steve frantically brushed his teeth afterwards and bucky started crying" club.

• Agree x 7
  17. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I put down "I only want a ship to be canon if it's basically queerbaited" because, well, frankly, at that point the media runners are just asking for it. Otherwise I have a bunch of ships for which I'm like "no comics runners/video game lore runners can't get their hands on this they're going to completely ruin it"

• Agree x 8
  18. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

A lil clip from exotics lair!

And I just wanna say its hilarious that his friend's official channel nickname is mr feet
    Keepin it anonymous but XD what a nickname for all the channel subscribers to know his friend by

• Like x 1
  19. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

My wife and I drove to North Carolina for the weekend, to meet up with a group of other CNC programmers / machinists that I know online. The guy hosting owns a small mountain, so we went out there and did a bunch of redneck stuff. We played sandbox with construction equipment, did a little shooting, and raced four-wheelers through the trails in the woods. Then we had a bonfire and cookout by the river, then raced quads in the woods again after dark. That last bit was the most fun.

• Winner x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice