Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

oh wow, that was really great!

edit: i was responding to the starlight brigade video but somehow failed to quote it whoops

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

It has come to my attention that The Kids These Days are unfamiliar with the majesty of the Evil Overlord List. Clearly I must share it for the benefit of future generations of aspiring villains, who are languishing without such important advice as "I will not turn into a snake. It never helps."

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Useful x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Always a good time

• Agree x 8
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I feel like the marvel version of this would be Deadpool and SHIELD

• Agree x 7
  6. jacktrash

crowley found it pretty convenient, but i guess he's not an evil overlord exactly.

i've been having lots of fun with the overlord list re casimir, who arguably IS an evil overlord. more of a good-natured but ruthless overlord with paleolithic moral values, but for all intents and purposes, you know how it is.

i am definitely going to have him yell this at one point, then crack up and be like "naw i'm just joshing ya, i'm okay. good effort tho."

• Winner x 9
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Why do humans dance when there's music (and sometimes when there's not)? Even babies will move to a beat instinctually. It's also not something I've ever seen in other animals, mating practices aside

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I've seen parrots dance to music!

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 1
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

parrots 100% dance to music, just as they sing along if they like the song!
    I reckon it has something to do with modes of communication? Other animals with vocalizations that get very musical and who have a high play drive might be similarly inclined?

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 2
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh my god that's adorable

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  11. Verily

Yeah, humans and birds are two animals I can think of where many of the members find completely sound-based communication sufficient for many purposes.

• Informative x 3
  12. jacktrash

dogs will howl along to music, and cats often enjoy a good back-and-forth with their humans.

i've seen like half a dozen videos of people singing to their cats and the cats filling in the blanks, so this isn't just one critter's quirk.

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 2
  13. Verily

This isn't the same thing, but it's really cute and entertaining. Here is a guy singing a duet of "Feel Good Inc." by the Gorillaz with a chickadee:

A long-distance boyfriend, while visiting me, once asked me what the "gorilla birds" were. This is the mighty Gorilla Bird, with hand for scale:

[​IMG]

• Winner x 12
  14. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY

• Winner x 5
  15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Man people who have cats who enjoy music are lucky, growing up my family’s cat would bite me for singing

I think animals responsiveness to music also depends on whether their hearing range matches up well, as well as whether sound based communication is much of a thing for them. Domesticated animals are weird because they adjust behaviors to communicate with humans on a trial and error basis sometimes; feral cats don’t meow but a lot develop specific types of meows for different situations when raised with humans, and which type of meow fits with which situation is individualized, a meow of a tone that means ‘hungry’ from one cat could mean ‘pet me’ from another cat in a different home

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

This is blessed content

If u dont know about bohug, he is her childhood fave plushie and he is also in a lot of her comics

• Winner x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

what are those shorts that look stupid on frat boys but fantastic on lesbians? board shorts? cargo shorts? some other kind of shorts?

• Like x 2
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I think it could be true of either, but board shorts are I THINK closer to swim trunks and cargo shorts are definitely the ones with zillions of pockets, if that helps?

• Informative x 1
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

pockets i choose you

• Agree x 2
  20. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

There's also flat front shorts, which are the classic frat salmon pink ones, which get my vote personally (and come in many colors not salmon pink)

• Informative x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice