Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

related to nothing, but having just recently watched game grumps' playthrough of undertale, it fills my heart with glee that every single lets play of undertale i have watched, everyone has independently come to the conclusion that Papyrus' voice is some variant on skeletor.

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 2
  2. Camber

Camber Active Member

oh wow, I didn’t realise the voice I’d been picturing was basically Skeletor until now. that’s a character archetype I wouldn’t mind seeing more of.

also I really want to yell this wherever I can so: my best friend is getting engaged!! her gf already gave her the goahead so she’s planned a whole dramatic cheesy thing involving a mixtape. I love her and I’m so glad she’s found some of the love she deserves!! and I’m going to tell her that next time we speak if I remember!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Winner x 9
  3. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

so i'm divorcing my reblogs blog from my art blog, changing its name and stuff, n so I googled glassesblu to see what search results come out, and most of them are links to my various social media
    and like this shit came out???
    https://trollslum.fandom.com/wiki/Category:GlassesBlu

I have zero recollection of remember a little now making this, but the character listed MoonstruckErrant/Saratea Tesla/Sartea Tesera IS my character, used to be my internet avatar before I discovered myself to be trans

It's just! wild to me! to see some past self of mine writing a bit of this page, never finishing it, but saying shit I wouldn't say now cause internet language has changed since I was 16 14 (assuming thats the age I made this page), and my sense of humor and the way I talk, I would think, has changed as well

Reading the examples of chat snippets, right now, to me, feels embarrassing, but that simply was the sincere way I said things on the internet back then.

eta
    also lol I just realized that my tumblr submission box hasn't changed since I was in highschool a good 4-5 years ago so it's the same shit as it was back then
    upload_2019-7-20_15-2-1.png

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Like x 3
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

If referring to a certain person as President Chump, does that make his followers Chumpits?

• Winner x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

That Feel When you track down the origin of a highly suspicious list of "characteristics of women with autism" that mixes bits of actually accurate things with flattery, woo, things so vague they could apply to damn near anyone, and things that are transparently unrelated, and discover that the person who wrote it copyrighted the terms in it and is selling a bunch of books with those terms in the titles. And has a box where you can sign up to sell her books and receive a 10% commission.

I am deeply torn between
    1. wanting to dissect it because this keeps being passed around Tumblr as a legit resource and I think people should be aware that the author has a direct financial incentive to convince as many people as possible that they have autism and a lot of this is ego-stroking nonsense and the Barnum Effect, but
    2. :effort:

• Informative x 6
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

If you ever end up going through the list, I'd be very interested to see it

• Agree x 5
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Yeah, I'm quite curious

• Agree x 2
  8. LadyNighteyes

It's long and Pokego Mudkip Day is about to start, so Brandolini's Law is still getting the better of me for now, but if I did, where would people want me to put it? Thread in Sperglord Central?

9. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

is this english

10. LadyNighteyes

Yes. Sorry.

the thing that I was complaining about which is wrong on the internet is pages and pages long
    This month's Pokemon Go Community Day ran from 4-7 PM and put Mudkips everywhere! I could not complain about people being wrong on the internet in that period because I ran off to go catch some. I have a shiny Swampert now.
    Brandolini's Law, a.k.a. the Bullshit Asymmetry Principle: "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
    Hence, me going :effort: about the thing that is wrong on the internet, because it would take a lot of work to do and I had something else immediately pressing on my agenda (catching Mudkips).
    Since people expressed interest in me complaining about how the thing is wrong on the internet, I was asking where the best place to post said complaining would be if I got around to doing it, and suggesting I could maybe make a thread in the autism stuff subforum for it.

• Informative x 5
  11. jacktrash

oh noo i could have obtained mudkips if i wasn’t disabled, sob

anyway thank u for translation. i would say posts about Wrong On Internet go in bad content breakdown jamboree

12. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Wired was my favorite magazine as a teenager. Yes, I had a favorite magazine. They used some sort of metallic silver ink in their graphic design for one thing. There weren’t a ton of popular magazines that did that. And that’s the kind of thing I looked for in a favorite magazine. Also the content was good. I still feel nostalgic from time to time.

And then youtube came right at me with this:

It’s so fascinating! I would not have been able to guess ahead of time which disguises she’d approve of, and how much, and why. Some details, sure, but this is that rarest of treasures for me: new and familiar information together, applied efficiently along unfamiliar parameters to create something that sounds so much like common sense that it could only be expertise.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
  13. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

The technique critique videos are great, the accent expert ones are my favorite.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. jacktrash

VERY cool. i didn’t know there were professions agreed to be off limits but it makes sense.

• Agree x 2
  15. LadyNighteyes

Honestly I still think the best thing in that video is the sentence, "Ben Affleck is playing my husband."

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
  16. jacktrash

ben affleck was much too well groomed for that role :D

• Like x 1
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

• Winner x 11
    • Agree x 2
  18. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Oh i love

• Agree x 6
  19. LadyNighteyes

But there are five baby grackles in that picture

• Agree x 6
  20. jacktrash

do not expose stealth grackle

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice