Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

So Death Stranding has a pee mechanic apparently.

• Informative x 5
  2. Note to self: don’t buy Death Stranding.

3. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Just had a scary thought for a distopian future. Imagine there's a company with a constellation of satellites with total ground surveillance and laser weapons that are effective against people on the ground. You pay a subscription for personal defense, just don't get behind on your payments. Ultimate protection racket.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  4. We’re already like a third of the way there.

5. Wormwitch

• Winner x 3
    • Useful x 2
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I LOVE IT

• Agree x 1
  7. anthers

anthers sleepy

Holy fuck you guys, I'm buying Samsung for the rest of my life. I dropped my phone in about two feet of ocean- totally submerged, although not more than five seconds before I went FUCK and grabbed it, and it's working fine.

• Winner x 9
  8. anthers

anthers sleepy

Breastfeeding too from what I understand?

• Witnessed x 2
  9. Wormwitch

Minecraft has bees now, and they are so fucking cute!

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  10. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I haven’t watched the whole video yet because I’ve arranged to watch a thing with a friend so I don’t wanna get too distracted, so maybe it addresses this and I didn’t get there. But I feel a bit like a very lucky cryptid sometimes. I rarely feel lonely. I talk to my best friend on another continent daily or every other day depending on how busy we are and how much sleep we’re getting. Neither of us is particularly stable but the relationship is as solid and reliable as we aren’t. We sign off of calls like we’re family. “Love you too, sleep well!” I have internet friends I’ve known for five or ten years and would trust with my life. I have new friends I feel comfortable sharing my stupidest and most vulnerable moments with. I have trouble keeping up with everyone because I care about so many people. All this and I’m an introvert.

• Winner x 2
  12. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

my biggest problem with loneliness is that although i have friends on the internet i adore to pieces, a lot of what makes me feel not-lonely is physical proximity and touch. Which is not possible with people thousands of miles away, however much I trust and like them.
    Makes me feel like a bit of an Internet Fraud sometimes, like i'm saying Internet Friends Are Lesser, but I'd rather have what I have than the isolation i'd have instead if my only option was to make friends in physical proximity

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

:0

• Like x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I introduced someone on Reddit to the Three-Ring Binder stories! :smug:

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

• Winner x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Has anyone seen Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark yet? If so, was it good and scary, or cheesy? I'm gonna see it tomorrow and wanna prepare to be disappointed if I have to

17. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

local taco place fucked up my seared tuna tacos-- they are not seared, but rather were gently cooked through, turning this lovely tuna steak into a very mediocre chunk of kind of tough fish. they normally do a great job, so i don't want to call them and complain about one bad lunch... but on the other hand, i feel like i need to report this absolute CRIME someone has committed against a very high-quality tuna steak.

• Witnessed x 4
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

it is absolutely terrifying, though tbf I am a Certified Weenie and mostly went bc I loved the book to death
    also of note: something like 95% of the visual effects are costume rather than cgi, and they're Fucking Beautiful

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  19. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have not yet watched (wanting to catch it tomorrow or the day after) but my sister told me that the monster design is beautiful and all the horror twitters I follow are very in love.

Sister said on spookyness rating it is 2 spooky for goosebumps but not spooky enough if you are real big into horror.

• Useful x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

YES!!! Costumes and props are so much more fun than cgi in my opinion. It's honestly a huge influence on whether or not a movie becomes a favorite of mine

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice