Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Gghr a few days after this video got posted Jeremy Renner shut his app down lmao

• Informative x 2
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash absentee sperglord

but where does one contemplative gaze end and the next begin? asking for a friend. the friend is a toad. who may or may not be a ranger of near infinite level.

(hermes is a cleric. he has achieved epic level based on social grooming. my knuckles are SO CLEAN.)

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  3. jacktrash

i didn't know jeremy renner was inadvertently hilarious.

• Agree x 2
  4. I didn’t know Jeremy renner

• Agree x 1
  5. Verily

Verily a very ineffective hitman

I can’t say I know much more about Jeremy Renner now than I did before, but I do feel bad for him alongside the stunned hilarity of everything that went into creating a reality so bizarre that this could happen.

Unless Jeremy Renner secretly owns EscapeX, the app creator, I have a suspicion that they’re taking advantage of him as well as his fans. I can’t imagine what went into the business articles discussing this company as the next big thing. Did they accept money to say that or are they actually that bad at their jobs? The app design looks deeply uninspired where it isn’t broken or actively predatory or both simultaneously. This is very obviously not a good product made by people who give a shit about what it might mean to both fans or celebrities to promise a personal connection. The best case scenario is the fans feel only a little lied to and the celebrity feels only slightly totally overwhelmed. It’s kinda funny as far as dumpster fires go because of the sheer absurdity, but seriously, who here imagines that they aren’t hard selling as many celebrities as they can corner just as aggressively and underhandedly as they’re treating the users?

So don’t invest in EscapeX I guess. It’s on fire and it’s garbage. That’s my super helpful business advice for the day.

• Agree x 3
  6. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Gfhrh telenovela plot but furry and animated

My friend worked on some of this!!! Im so proud <3

• Winner x 5
  7. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I am going to watch LOADS of Phineas and Ferb this weekend on my trial subscription of Disney+!

:D :D :D

I seriously love Phineas and Ferb, the jokes are funny and the music in the series is excellent!

• Like x 2
  8. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

i dont rly watch markiplier anymore, but I caught some recent vids of his cause he played some pixel horror (my bro was watchin those vids and laughin, n hey Id like a laugh too), and it was v annoying to hear him mention several times abt 'you don't need great graphics to make horror!' and im like pls markiplier, theres more to graphics than the number of polygons to this shit

I tried watching some other vids, he has a series where he checks out small indie horror stuff, and he just keeps mentioning the thing abt the graphics, rly turned me off from watching more vids

Like even before when I used to watch him regularly he'd say the same thing

my friend puts it well, "Graphics don’t mean shit, art direction does"

• Witnessed x 3
  9. jacktrash

in which a chef is surprisingly not completely terrible at metalworking. @Kodachi :D

• Like x 2
  10. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

I forget if I've shared this one before:

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. jacktrash

holy crap that's gorgeous

i don't understand how the mosaic damascus works, i wish they'd showed more of that

12. Kodachi

Basically, you do up some damascus, then cut it and stack it in a pattern, and forge weld it together again.

You can also make your chunks with the canister method:
    Mosaic.jpg

• Informative x 5
  13. jacktrash

yeah, i got that much from googling, but it's hard to visualize for me. i'd like to see it done.

14. Kodachi

Interesting:

• Informative x 1
  15. Kodachi

• Winner x 1
  16. jacktrash

that? is COOL. thanks for finding the video for me!

i feel like i should repay you with some cool fiber nerd videos, you know, specialty for specialty? except all the fiber nerds talk so goddamn much their videos are a huge bore. tempts me to try and make better ones, but i know nothing about video making.

17. jacktrash

hey check out this miracle, a fiber vid with no talking at all! it's only a minute and a half long, which i reckon is about how long fiber nerds can shut up for.

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. Kodachi

• Useful x 1
  19. jacktrash

20. GlassesBlu

GlassesBlu Alive

Silly video about a guy testing out the weird techniques instagram ads do for his own ads and surprising himself

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice