Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh, oh, it gets better; Viking Vampire Angels! I know I'm not well-suited to write these but coming up with combinations looks like fun beyond measure.

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. (Reaction image of man blinking in surprise)

• Agree x 3
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

"Specify type of goat", indeed.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  4. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

best story from con:

My friend, who wound up in this weird dead end narrow ass hallway in the hotel (like narrow enough they had trouble getting a little wagon through, let alone anyone not able to use their legs that great, it was fucking weird) had All Con Goer hallmates. Someone was playing Tekken till 3am across the way, etc etc, you understand. Well. Their neighbors beside them were all dudes and they could hear them through the wall, and really well in the bathroom. At one point they were going on about "No, dude, if you uwu you've gotta uwu with FEELING." and then going " uwu!!!!!" at each other back and forth.

Friend and their roomies were getting ready in the mirror and heard that and just eventually went ".....Hewwo?"

Every dude shut up and went silent then suddenly they heard ".....H-.....Hewwo? Neighbows?"

And they Hewwowe'd and uwu'd back and forth till finally someone threw a "Then Perish" in there and the dudes lost their shit laughing.

• Winner x 14
  5. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

[​IMG]

• Informative x 7
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Gathering opinions through a short poll:

Who is the best golden girl, and why? Answers may be as short or as long as you like, and any amount of experience with the show is fine.

7. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Blanche because she makes me laugh the most and is always up to ridiculous shit

• Like x 2
  8. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Thanks to tumblr I now know aardwolves exist.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Omg they made the first chapter of Way of the House Husband into a real life acted thing and its so good??? Its a delight to watch!

• Winner x 3
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

man, i'm discovering all over again how personal discipline and chores and stuff are actually useful things

cause like, you know, work a full time job, eats up more than half your time awake every workday, a parade of going UGH and wanting to be doing other things
    a tension that builds with Need To Do The Thing, Keep It Going

so when weekends and other days off come, there's this explosive relaxation, a flumping into comfort and deliberate unstructured time to relax from all the rigidity of workdays

and a lot of the time, that means i wanna dive right for breakfast and play, be it computering, videogames, reading, what have you
    which, hell yes, use that relaxation time for fun
    but when i do that too directly? i don't do basic neatening up to make a welcoming and comforting space to do it in, or turn on lights to add that warmth and illumination

i've been sitting here for like 3 hours glaring at my screen because i'm trying to write something, to write stuff i've been looking forward to writing all week, and now it feels like a tremendous slog
    and part of that is because i didn't turn on any lights, or neaten the couch before sprawling on it, or anything.

going to work, i get in the Work Clothes and gather my things, all these little structured preparations that both
    (1) put me in the relevant mindset
    (2) make sure i have the supplies on hand for the usual tasks

relaxation time? i don't give the same attention and care, i treat it in a far more lackadaisical and dismissive "ok yeah sure gonna splurge all day" way. and that sucks, and that reflects in what i do with it

so i'm gonna try a thing of, breakfast and whatever computering i do while eating, but then like 1 hour of prepping my space for fun and relaxation to happen with that supportive somewhat-more-clean, lit, prepared way

• Winner x 7
  11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Before I stream in the afternoon I get on the treadmill and make and eat salad breakfast. A good salad really sticks with you, it’s amazing. I open the curtains, have some coffee, and get some water.

Before I stream in the evenings, I meditate. Some days it’s harder to focus than others, but it’s always worth my time. I may take a shower if I’m having a bad anxiety day. I turn on the lights and make sure I have water.

I think it’s pretty commonly accepted that streaming is work, and it is. But lots of things are work. Writing fanfic or making fanart is work. Gardening is work. Sudoku is even work.

I think the reason I can approach this with consistent good self care practices is because I’m thinking of it as something that does require the kind of preparation that work would. I enjoy it much more because of that.

• Useful x 2
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hey! why is it 10 degrees outside

[something well below 0 in C]

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

the earth is tilted away from the warmth mother, alas. the dark is so long...

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Is there a list of Femslash February 2020 prompts out yet? The only one I've seen is for Fire Emblem, and while the prompts are pretty generic and I COULD use it, I would still prefer something less fandom-specific (especially since I know basically nothing about the FE franchise, and thus will not be writing anything for it). And since this is a leap year I can't just use an old list...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Agree x 3
  16. swirlingflight

it's giving me homestuck flashbacks is what

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

• Winner x 6
  18. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
  19. swirlingflight

awww those are cute paw cups

• Agree x 5
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

does anyone know where I can learn about the history of 2b2t OTHER than that one youtube channel guy who takes himself way too seriously?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice