Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

The question here is more "how do you dial to a phone without a phone number associated with it" |D

• Witnessed x 3
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

the ghosts of dudebros present want to hear freebird

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  3. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

finally got around to doing my taxes.

• Winner x 10
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

can anybody rec a good free music player for Windows that can interface with an iphone with no problems?

• Agree x 1
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Rating this Agree because I have the same question.

6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

iTunes, maybe? It's free and it works with Apple products, though it can be kind of bloated when it comes to memory.

• Useful x 1
  7. Acey

I thought iTunes support was being discontinued soon, was that just a rumor?

8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

OH I HAVE NO IDEA ACTUALLY

if iTunes support is being discontinued I have no idea what to use, last I remember it was the only thing that actually, like, supported iPhones

Does Apple Music have a Windows app? It looks like that what Apple's doing, shifting it to individual apps instead of mixing the podcast/movies/music onto one. So Apple Music sssshould work?

• Informative x 1
  9. Acey

I haven't seen it available for Windows, but it could be that I'm not looking in the right places.

I did find this, which lists a few free programs that seem to interface with iPhones, but I've never used any of these programs before. If anyone here has used any of 'em, which one works best?

10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I'd prefer not to use an Apple product, they usually don't give you as much control and I've heard they're usually resource-intensive

however after a bit of poking around I've found Clementine which looks like what I'm after! it's open-source and compatible with all sorts of things

• Useful x 2
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I really just wanna take a day out and do nothing but sleep from evening through a day to the next morning. I don't think that's healthy.

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Random question but a game dev twitter liked my art on a different game and said they liked my work and followed me
    And im very flattered and the game looks interesting but is this marketing, like a marketing tactic? I'm nervous like, is it falling into a marketing ploy or what

Eta I'm good now

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like x 1
  13. HonestlyVan

If they're doing it from their personal account -- probably not. If they start retweeting your art and putting #marketable comments on it or @'ing the official studio/game account, that's more sus. Developers aren't really the same as the marketers and the producers. You probably just got a new fan.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. Nobody's Home

Thank you, thats reassuring
    I think its like the twitter of the Game itself cause it says in the description 'tweets on this account by Username'
    But the person just said nice things not marketable things

15. HonestlyVan

If it's a particularly small studio, they might be running their social media themselves, and if you're not comfortable with them, say, the comments they make when retweeting fanart you can block them and the people in the other end will probably just be like "that's fair". It's maybe bad practice from them to have their community outreach person use the official Twitter and not a private one, but IIRC how Twitter works, how many followers you have matters way more than how many you're following. Even if they did follow you explicitly so you'd follow them back, you don't have to do that :)

• Agree x 2
  16. Nobody's Home

You are right, I'll take these into account
    Thank you (i mean this sincerely)

• Like x 2
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I got bored and made a moodboard

[​IMG]

(All of these except the penguin are photos from the Rogers Wildlife Rehab Center)

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 2
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

"PUT THINGS IN HERE, MOTHER"

• Agree x 7
  19. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

This is the dumbest, nerdiest complain, but it occurs to me that the opening crawl for Star Wars Episode IV says 'Rebel starships, striking from a rebel base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire'... but in Rogue One, we see that battle, and... it is not a victory for the rebels. They go from having half a dozen capital ships to... nothing. Leia was the only survivor of that battle, with probably a hundred thousand deployed, minimum.

... also, Vader immediately pursued Tantive IV instead of capturing the Profundity, but you'd think he could have still have extracted the location of the rebel base from one of the Tantive IV crewmen before killing them.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I’m starting to wonder if I had such a good time watching Star Wars because I don’t recall a single fact between films that isn’t about how a person had a really powerful emotion about another person.

Eta: Now that I think about it, by far my strongest impression from the prequels was, “Boba Fett seems traumatized.” Out of all three movies with all the yelling and acrobatics, that’s what I got from it. One reaction shot.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice