Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

wow! my friend said this to me after I told her I ran around the house from nervousness+excitement but! huh we humans can also get the zoomies!
    lol tbh I know the term but havent heard it applied to people but it's correct!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

• Winner x 5
  3. Nobody's Home

Waugh so cute

• Agree x 5
  4. Nobody's Home

One whole video abt old garfield related stuff!

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

that reminds me of my AP lit teacher from my junior year of high school, who had us read Dante’s Inferno and then recreate it as a children’s picture book. I would say it was an inspired teaching technique but I honestly think he was just bored and killing time until his theater elective started later in the day.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

foil soup

Screenshot_20200607-170149_Samsung Internet.jpg

8. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Re: Star Wars/Trek

• Informative x 2
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So most (if not all) of the general plot and discussion on midnight gospel goes waaay over my head, but goddam if it ain't a pretty show! So much colors and fun characters

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  11. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Does anyone know how/when pigs were domesticated? Because of all the animals we've made friends with I just can't imagine looking at a FUCKING WILD BOAR - a half ton of pure rage and knives that will literally run down a spear to kill you before it even knows it's dead - and go like 'haha yeah nbd I wanna cuddle that'

I mean they're delicious and the babies are adorable BUT

• Like x 2
  12. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I can tell you that the actual experts estimate the time to be around 9000 years ago, but I'm not an expert myself. From what I can tell, the theory is that pig domestication arose out of management of wild herds, where a group of boars would be fed to make them more accessible for hunting, killing off the fiercest specimens while leaving others as an emergency food source. This would also involve killing off the larger, older specimens and leaving the younger ones: since boar reach sexual maturity long before they reach their maximum size, this would result in a breeding population that is, again, easier to hunt. You now have a pressure both to breed earlier and more prolifically, as well as against aggressive traits (since the big, aggressive boars are culled first). After a few dozen generations of this, you maybe fence off the area, and even later start actual controlled breeding.

• Informative x 6
    • Winner x 1
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC7SMwipBlDwBPEwxq8QD8sw

Every major American election Complexly puts together a video series on how to vote in every state and they just put up their videos for 2020! So if you need help knowing how to register to vote or vote abstentee, links to finding your local polling place, sample ballots, etc, they’re a great simple resource!

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. PotteryWalrus

• Winner x 6
  15. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

It's like someone made a shark out of an oven mitt

I love it

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
  16. PotteryWalrus

-plays the Jaws theme on a kazoo-

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the new Ben & Jerry's flavor with the potato chips is absolutely worth the $4.50

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

But what keeps the chips from going soggy?

19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

it's a "potato chip swirl", not just chip pieces floating around in the ice cream by themselves. idk exactly what it is made of other than Chip but it is both crunchy and delicious!!

• Informative x 4
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've been hunting down discontinued collectibles and some of them are only available on sites which don't ship to my country. Before I give up, is there some kind of laundering system site for these? Like, I could find someone in Russia and give them the money plus a tip to buy the thing for me and ship it to me?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice