Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

are the chips chocolate coated? That’s what they did with the americone dream iirc and it worked a treat to keep the cone from getting mushy.

• Agree x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

nah, it's whatever they do to make the tiny cookie bits in their chocolate cookie swirl stay crunchy. probably involves a lot of oil but so do potato chips

• Informative x 1
  3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

My friends are starting a new homebrew dnd campaign inspired by the golden age of piracy. It's going to be streaming on Twitch Sundays at 12 EST starting today, and they'd really appreciate viewers. They've already done their session 0 so this should be getting right to action. Last I'd heard they were going to be starting on a deserted island after all 3 ships capsized in a battle.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

pros of making speedpaints so far:
    • very fun!
    • makes me work faster so i finish more pieces!
    • gets my work out there in a new way!
    • new toys :D even if they're just the freebie editing software I've got.

cons:
    • ;v; where the fuck is everyone getting their music from and how can i do the same without getting my video muted aside from continuing to use freebies :sob:

• Winner x 2
  5. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I literally just play video game soundtracks that I happen to own or have downloaded. Anything that's up on YT without having already been muted is probably already safe.

Also, Soundcloud/Bandcamp! Look for someone who has Creative Commons / "0" licence on their art, that means it can be used for streaming or other commercial projects. It also serves to directly ask, and you can also have a player widget up that shows who you're playing for attribution ^-^)

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

You can also configure OBS to play one music, play something else for yourself, and only have mic go through if you're the type who use mic at all.

• Winner x 1
  7. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I just want to say that the word 'Necroplanetology' is METAL AS FUCK.

• Agree x 13
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

that reads like a voice clip sample played at the beginning of a fucking awesome dubstep song

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

;v; the video turned out nice.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I got annoyed at a wilfully ignorant fundamentalist on Quora and wrote an entire filk explaining why he's wrong. I probably shouldn't actually post it there, I know it won't get through to him and my real name is on my Quora. Should I share it somewhere else?

11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

It's up to you!

12. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Okay so after years of internal debate I finally got my hands on a copy of Tales from Watership Down and finally read the Hole in The Sky and

What the fuck

What the fuck, Adams

I know WD gets dark and that's why I love it but this was some straight up eldritch horror shit

I was not expecting to get the same vibes from a beloved book as I do from the fucking MAGNUS ARCHIVES

What the fuck.

• Informative x 8
    • Agree x 2
  13. Camber

Camber Active Member

WHAT happened in June 2010 that made everyone search 'yiff'??

upload_2020-6-18_18-8-22.png

• Agree x 4
  14. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Finishing persona 5 royal has made me want to play persona 4 but it's not on ps4 and I don't know if my laptop could handle running the game. Are there any good jrpgs on ps4 right now?

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I really wanna learn to do my nails properly but it feels pointless with no one to see it, so maybe I should start up a blog for that?

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Knowyourmeme says there was an image on pixiv that spawned a meme around that time

• Informative x 2
  17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Most of the big turn-based JRPGs in the last few years other than P5 have been either PC releases or on mobile consoles, I think? Most of the ones I can think of on PS4 are action RPGs. So I guess it depends on exactly what you're looking for.

18. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I was just feeling nostalgic and wanted to replay persona 4 or the raidou kuzunoha games, but it would be nice to try something new. I've already played through persona q2, and I'm just waiting for persona 5 scramble to be released outside of Japan. Are there any games that have a summoning mechanic?

19. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

The other day I saw some semi-viral thing on Twitter where a bunch of Gen Zers came together to roast Millennials. It seemed like the majority of the jokes centered around the Deep Childhood Attachment that Millennials have to the Harry Potter series, which, in the clear daylight of today, feels pretty unfortunate.

But now it's making me wonder: is there any book/book series that has had a similar impact on Gen Z? Like, do they have a Generation-Defining Media Property in the booksphere? I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what are Millennial Cartoons vs. Gen Z Cartoons, and what are Millennial Anime vs. Gen Z Anime, but I have absolutely no idea what the kids these days are reading/have read.

(Maybe it's because I don't read a lot of traditional fiction myself nowadays, so I just like, don't think about books that way anymore. Or maybe it's just natural to totally lose touch with the "YA Literature" scene the moment you phase out of its demographic.)

• Agree x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

If you don't mind some questionable actions you can easily run PS2 games on relatively non-powerful laptops. I've played SMT III on my 2016 laptop, and I assume P4 would run about the same. You could look into something like RetroArch.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice