Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

A puzzle like this where you use a grid to solve

They're my favourite sort of puzzle but I've never seen them in another game

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

3. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Good video I think

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Is it just me or are amazon products shown with the exact dimensions and a gallery of the item from every angle just ASKing for their blueprints to be extrapolated and made at home for like a fifth of the damn price

-sincerely me, gonna make a £60 cat carrier at home for like £5 tops

Attached Files:

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Given Amazon's emphasis on quick delivery, I think the target demographic is "people who don't want to put effort into making it, just to receive it quickly "

Evidence: what I thought of the company before it got this big and blatant about things, what my dad thinks of its convenience now

• Agree x 2
  6. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

"You wouldn't download a backpack" bitch watch me

• Winner x 12
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

question for people without ADHD

Do the typical "study" or "focus" type playlists you see on youtube/spotify/etc actually help you study or concentrate?

To me they sound very laid back and calm. I haven't actually tried working while listening to them, but they sound more like music to fall asleep or relax to. Lately i've been putting on like, Kirby game music because it's energetic enough for me.

What i'm saying is my working/focus music preferences are more like what i assume other people's driving/highway music playlists are like: gotta stay awake gotta stay focused don't zone out aaaaa

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  8. Camber

Camber Active Member

think I probably don't have adhd? one data point: the 'lofi hip hop to study and relax' type stuff works for me to study because it distracts the bit of my brain that does anxious & distracting thoughts jussst enough without itself constituting a greater distraction. stuff less calm/laid back is more likely to stress me out or jar me out of focus.

• Informative x 2
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I mean, that sounds like adhd to me. specifically the “distract half your brain” part. though I suppose other things could also look like that.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  10. budgie

I accidentally found the Perfect Dice Set online and I am so in love but I can't figure out who on earth made them or how to buy them because all I'm finding is pinterest or pinterest-esque reposts of them.

[​IMG]

So this is me:

[​IMG]

• Witnessed x 5
  11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Did your results include this DeviantArt page? The tags imply that the person made these themself, but there's no other information.

• Winner x 1
  12. prickle

prickle Member

• Winner x 4
  13. budgie

• Like x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 5
  15. Camber

Camber Active Member

hm! I feel like more of my brain can be explained by me being really anxious than by me having adhd? but I know they're not always strictly separable. thanks for pointing it out, helps with the 'actually this IS baseline neurotypical I'm just bad at it!' thinkin

• Like x 1
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

np! I feel like adhd is something that shares an overlap with a lot of other disorders and brainweirds. it definitely leads to anxiety, can contribute to depression, looks a lot like autism in some aspects... it’s difficult to sort out. if you’re wondering if you have it I’d focus on the executive dysfunction parts first since they tend to be the most distinctive ime.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  17. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

13-odd minutes of delicious artistry.

• Agree x 2
  18. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Does anyone follow any interior design blogs? Or know any that they can recommend? I'm looking for inspiration as I'm in the process of looking for a house to buy

19. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

Did you know that if you feed Chickadees enough, and hold still long enough, they might try to stash food in your clothes???

(Also did you know that Chickadees are super-cute!!)

• Winner x 12
    • Agree x 1
  20. budgie

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice