Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Oh, yeah, it's notoriously bad at linearity
    Here is the fix-it graphic passed around during the initial run of s1, originally posted by Netflix's(?) twitter

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Thanks, that helps a lot :)

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Was Pizzagate some kind of convoluted callback to the ancient "loli haet pizza" meme?

5. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

This sounds like fun :)!

• Winner x 2
  6. Nobody's Home

Oh since Im finally on the stage where I get to see the terms and conditions, submitting the video means you lose ownership of it, which Blows actually, hate that

• Witnessed x 3
    • Useful x 1
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

In the sense that they have permanent permission to use it, or in the sense that you lose permission to post it individually?

8. Nobody's Home

So they DO have permanent permission to use it however they please, and by agreeing to the terms and conditions I am waiving my moral rights to my video (no name credit)
    here's the terms and conditions

eta: I will add that perhaps I was hasty in my judgement of this, seeing the term 'Moral Rights' and being suspicious and having more of an immediate displeasure response

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Informative x 3
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

That makes sense. I'm used to the copyright permissions that sites require for them to be able to host artwork and such, and sometimes the tricky nonsense that lets sites turn around and sell stuff with the art.

But this is a different context, since it seems like the point of uploading a recording is for them to make it part of a compilation, so they need permanent irrevocable right to it. And I'm guessing they need sole right, so they can make editing decisions without consulting the participants. Some of the other parts seem similarly designed - participants can't later decide they want to revoke permissions, since that would make re-editing the compilation a pain in the ass. They chose how to credit people, other people can do the duet-style mashups freely... etc.

However, I'm not familiar enough with music/video legal tangles to tell if they're taking more rights than typical for a project like this. It's unsurprising to me that they're asking more than ye average art uploading site - we're not uploading it for us, we're giving them the video for unconditional use. But do these permissions mean we wouldn't be able to individually upload our recording, as a "my entry into the project!" kind of thing? Are there any other unusual or over-reaching claims? I'm not sure. I know enough to know such things do happen, so the initial suspicion seems warranted.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. Nobody's Home

Thanks for the 2nd read, I'll chew over it

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Quote from my blogette, contains major blark and son s2 spoilers, because things get dark and it kinda hit me like a slap to the face:

• Useful x 3
  13. Nobody's Home

This is bonkers

• Agree x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Mildly amusing thing; a fanfic managed to mangle "Praetorian" into "parillion". It took me a while to figure it out and my first thought was "how many is a parillion?"

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Its fucking cold everywhere, but this and the recent pile-up on a major highway is doing texans a scare

Screenshot_20210214-122840_Facebook.jpg

• Witnessed x 7
  16. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Jesus that’s scary. D: Stay safe Texan pals!!

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

• Winner x 7
  18. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I forgot shimejis were a thing

• Agree x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

hey, does anyone know much about tablets? I'm thinking of getting a tablet for school and stuff because the thought of lugging around my heavy ass laptop makes me want to die and idk where to even START. Would be using it mostly for school work, watching youtube, taking notes, etc. If I can use a pencil with it then all the better bc being able to doodle with it would be a Big Bonus. Must be able to be paired with some kind of keyboard.

other things of note: Am Poor, but willing to make an investment.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  20. Nobody's Home

Pet simmer julie does content on pet games and dress up games, here's her latest video talking about how this successfully funded pet game bled players because the daily grind was too long, repetitive, and unrewarding

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice