Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Camber

Camber Active Member

oh, my flatmate is still really into this game! the roleplaying group we were part of on there is moving to discord. but. a shame

(they also do commissions on there 10/10 would recommend if you have potatoes to get rid of)

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

I was exposed to an entire uninterrupted hour of sunlight for the first time since December probably and now I understand the Serotonin memes

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
  3. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

• Winner x 4
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Attempting to introduce better portion control. Not feeling stuffed after dinner feels weird.

• Agree x 4
  5. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Hey, I'm gonna be studying for a CLEP test soon, for college algebra. Anyone else here ever sat a CLEP test? What was it like? Do you know any sites with good references/practice tests for different subjects?

6. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Try to find something to do that will keep your mind of the urge to eat.

I have also found that brushing my teeth helps. That at I don't get distracted with the taste of the last thing I ate still in my mouth

• Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thank you!

• Like x 1
  8. sptrashcan

sptrashcan The Opinion Haver

Not sure if it rates a fan post, but I've been enjoying 'Tis Time for Torture, Princess ( https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100071 ) in which the imperial princess, held captive by the Hellhorde, is subject to such cruelties as... beef stew and toast. The entire joke is that 1. The Hellhorde's only interrogation technique is to tempt the princess with extremely ordinary things, 2. the princess, despite her grave protestations, always gives up, to the eternal dismay of her sentient holy sword, and 3. the Hellhorde do not seem to be particularly interested in actually using any of the intelligence they gain through interrogation, because they're a bunch of softies. In the end, the whole comic is a fanciful framing device for extolling the simple joys of everyday life, and I like it a lot.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Fun compilation

• Winner x 2
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Friends and I concluded that, though our cartoon megacrossover is mostly supposed to be more realistic, things like this should still sometimes happen:

• Agree x 2
  11. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wanted to say "Someone who's never seen/read Good Omens explain what's going on here" but alas the title spoils it:

• Winner x 3
  13. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

i think i found who's delivering my mail @Gee can you confirm?
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 10
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

finally, the feelings of Pakige? and pspspsps combined

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wish I had any way of finding out if Brian Jacques was listening to Pink Floyd when he wrote the scene in Mattimeo with the traumatised rabbit. ("Run, rabbit, run / Dig that hole, forget the sun".)

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Imagine: historians 500 years from now trying to explain Garfield Without Garfield and find the significance

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. anthers

anthers sleepy

Apparently people who are hoh/deaf respond better to the coronavirus vaccine

we have heard immunity

• Winner x 8
    • Useful x 1
  18. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

I can't tell if this is just a joke or not.

• Agree x 3
  19. anthers

anthers sleepy

100 percent a pun setup with no scientific or medical bearing, yes. Your hearing has nothing to do with the vaccine

• Useful x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I just saw someone call Julius Caesar a himbo. The internet has officially lost its "use of the word himbo" privileges.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice