Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

My most successful cleaning habits have been time based. Basically “I am going to clean for fifteen minutes every day, and then I can goof off the rest of the time.” Fifteen minutes isn’t an onerous amount of cleaning at any given time, and it does a lot to declutter my tiny apartment.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Seconding this—I still struggle a lot, but my therapist recommended basically this exact strategy specifically because I struggle with executive function, so it might well be a good strategy for you too, Chel!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, this is all useful! First draft of weekly schedule will just say "one hour nonspecific chores" and I'll see how that goes.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  4. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Best of luck! Figuring out what works for you is a whole process of its own, but it makes everything else so much easier.

• Agree x 3
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  6. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

The moon is so orange tonight that my coworker compared it to a barbecue potato chip.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

"Your goods will arrive by the 30th!"
    me, immediately on the 21st:
    [​IMG]

• Agree x 11
    • Witnessed x 2
  8. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Sometimes I feel like I'm broken because everyone I know is like 'DARK MODE PLZ THE LIGHT IT BURNS' and I'm just like I LITERALLY COULD NOT use Discord until I figured out where to find the light mode idk what it is about dark mode but I can't read it properly and my brain just goes No Is Wrong Dark Text Goes On Light BG Please

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

to those of you who experienced the glory that is scholastic book fairs and order forms when you were younger: what was the one purchase that made you the most rabidly excited that you can recall or that left the biggest impression on you?

• Winner x 1
  10. Acey

I don’t have one specific purchase that sticks out, sadly, but oh my god I LOVED the book fairs! I looked forward to that shit every year ;u;

• Agree x 2
  11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I remember being real enthusiastic for the early Animorphs books

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

A N I M O R P H S

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I think I got the Pet Vet cd game from one of those; despite being a bookworm kid I didn’t really get excited for the books in book fairs for long cause I was usually reading above the level advertised to me, but I did love seeing what cd games were out!! I wasn’t allowed a console so they were my only gaming experience and I wanted every horse game possible

• Winner x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I only clearly remember getting Animorphs and some of those box-of-threads-and-beads-with-craft-booklet-included things.

• Winner x 1
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I always got captain underpants and my mom hated it.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Captain underpants is what got me into animation

• Winner x 2
  17. Acey

Oh god I LOVED Captain Underpants! They were surprisingly really clever tbh? (Also if you haven’t seen the movie it’s EXCELLENT, Grid and I saw it in theaters and we were both just delighted with it—it really got the Vibe down PERFECTLY!)

• Winner x 1
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Icefire is a pretty crappy read as an adult, but as a ten-year-old obsessed with 1) art and 2) dragons, it was the Coolest Shit Ever.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

I WAS FUCKING OBSESSED WITH THIS SERIES BROEEEEEE
    it's definitely one of those books that Does Not Hold Up as an adult but man....man.....dragon.............

• Agree x 1
  20. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Bought myself a book of poems yesterday on a whim, which is something I wouldn't have considered doing years ago because I didn't think I liked poetry, or I just hadn't found any that interested me. Do you have a favorite poem, or a favorite poet?

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice