Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

• Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Cont the too sweet conversation: I don’t have any foods that trip the too sweet alarm for me, but sweet wines and hard ciders that are just uniformly sugary and sweet do. I can have, like, half of one and be okay, but any more than that and I start to feel the sugar crawling up my throat. It might have something to do with the fact that the sickest I’ve ever been off of drinks was because of an entire twelve pack of angry orchard.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yeah my dad can't stand alcohol unless it's sweet in some way. He likes angry orchard and Mike's hard lemonade and spiked sodas a lot and I honestly can't comprehend? I love really hops heavy stuff and bitter drinks way more. Oh, and fireball whisky! Cinnamon is Good

Oh man this is reminding me of the weird sodas we used to sell at work. Our most favorite customer flavor was cotton candy (blech) followed closely by butter beer and birthday cake. Staff favored jalapeño apple as it was actually crazy good and customers were too put off by the name so we had tons

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. Wormwitch

Figured out how to stop twitter from refreshing and moving tweets I'm trying to read.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Share with the class?

• Agree x 4
  6. Wormwitch

Click the circle with three dots in it and go to settings and privacy. Then go to Accessibility, Display, and Languages. Click on accessibility, and scroll down until you see the reduce motion option and click the box next to it.

• Useful x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Thank you! Saqme area let me turn the font size up from "miniscule"

• Useful x 2
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

In a surprising turn of events, milk thistle tea Good. Has a nice aromatic flavor but sits heavy on your tongue like coffee

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Are phoenix eggs precooked before you eat them?

• Agree x 3
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

This thought is going to haunt me

• Agree x 3
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I think it depends on at what point in the embryonic development the phoenix fetus (or phoetus) develops fire powers?

• Winner x 3
  12. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

But wouldn't the incubation cook them anyways? If they don't develop fire powers, they need incubation

• Agree x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

But phoenixes are presumably adapted to their own heat, right? If the eggs were cooked by the fire, it would kill the embryo and there wouldn't be any more phoenixes.

• Informative x 4
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What if you stole one from a nest and yolk and egg white are cooked when you fry em up but the phoetus isn't? How hot is a roosting phoenix? Are they hot enough to cook the bits in the egg that aren't baby? What does the baby eat, how does it move? Is it more of a flash fry when the mom dies instead of a slow roast?

All of which makes me wonder, do phoenixes reproduce asexually? I feel like they'd be an endangered species

• Agree x 3
  15. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I assume the phoenix chick doesn't cook its own egg because fire needs oxygen, and presumably the phoenix parent isn't being cooked by its own heat, so the egg shouldn't be cooked before it's laid.

• Informative x 3
    • Useful x 1
  16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Cooking isn't dependent on flame, though, it's just the high temperature denaturing the proteins. See, e.g., boiling an egg.

But all this also depends on the version of phoenix life cycle and morphology this one happens to fit, because folklore isn't exactly consistent and the Greek "phoenix" has been syncretized with a bunch of other mythological birds. A lot of the time it isn't always on fire and only burns itself up when it dies.

• Useful x 3
    • Agree x 1
  17. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Youtuber dies (wet laugh) upon hearing the casting decisions by nintendo

But also like. Voice actors exist smh. Idk this is just strange. I know its cause they're celebs but cmon.

• Winner x 4
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Charlie Day!?!?!?
    God, everyone's trying to sleep over here and I'm having to fucking smother myself not to howl with laughter

• Agree x 3
  19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

[​IMG]

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
  20. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

[​IMG]
    Me all morning

• Winner x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice