Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

He's doing Luigi Work

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

If Danny DeVito doesn’t play Wario I will r i o t

• Winner x 3
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

There's a noticeable amount of double entendres in Homestuck which Hussie doesn't lampshade. I'm surprised, but maybe he just wanted to let them speak for themselves.

• Winner x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My mom: library patrons usually go and leave between a few minutes to half an hour
    Me: I get to go spend 4 hours at the library today! Wish it were longer :(

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So there's such a thing as graphic novels of game of thrones and I fucking love them. Can't decide if I have the attention span for the real books or the patience for the show. All I know is I love Jon Snow, and Tyrion is shaping up to be a crafty asshole (and I love it)

Also Daenerys is a fucking badass <3<3<3

• Winner x 3
  6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

• Winner x 2
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I sort of want to annoy people by creating a fantroll whose quirk is mixing metaphors badly. I've been looking for a chance to use "I stepped up to the plate and prepared to eat my words".

• Winner x 4
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Winner x 8
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What's y'all's favorite domesticated animal, and your favorite specific breed/known features?

I'm not huge on loving an animal entirely based on their looks (which for cats and dogs I always go shelter, and hang out one or two days before adoption to learn their personality and whether or not they'd enjoy living with me) BUT I do love animals that have some certain features

My favorite dogs are the big ol wrinkle barrels that are English Bulldogs. They're so slobbery and soft and the ones I've met crave attention like air. They're just so jolly looking. Good babies.

For cats, I love Oriental Shorthairs. Big satellite ears and pointed faces and whip-like tails, they're so inquisitive looking. Always prancing around on their looong leggies and hanging off high places.

For cows I'm stuck between highland cattle (shaggy and soff) and the Texas longhorn (out of state pride, however forcefully ingrained into me as it was, and just because of those impressive horns! As the only cattle I've seen irl I just love them so much)

• Winner x 3
  10. Acey

I’m a HUGE fancy rat lover, myself! I especially love their sweet lil faces…they always look so curious and loving and smart and they ARE!! And the lil grabby hands. Give man a cheerio and he eats it like a bagel. I think that is Very Good

In terms of dogs, I have a fondness for poodles because I grew up with ‘em (my dad is allergic to pet dander and poodles are hypoallergenic)—I appreciate their lemgthy snoots and curly floof, and they’re smart as hell! I also utterly adore pit bulls, their goofy smiley faces are just so dang happymaking and every pibble I’ve had the good fortune to meet has been an utter sweetheart.

As for cats, I’ve got a black cat bias. Part of that is that I had a black cat as a kid and he was a wonderful creacher, but they also just tend to be so beautiful! Oh! And sphynxes, I know people think they’re ugly but that’s honestly the appeal for me? They look like lil goblins and I love them for it. Plus they’re apparently total cuddlebugs, which is a big plus in my book!

Honestly I love pretty much all domesticated critters though, the only ones I can’t handle looking at are spiders because deep-seated phobia but I respect people who have and love them! And there are definitely pets I adore but know I’d never be able to care for myself—snakes are a big example, I love rodents so much that feeding them the dead mice would bum me out hardcore, and that’s just not fair to me OR the snek. But still, Aminals Good.

EDIT: ALSO, orange cats. The stupider the better.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    • Winner x 3
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ferrets are definitely kind of my thing, especially angoras. I think rabbits are prettier, though, but they're a bit fragile. (An animal which can die if you make a loud noise around it is not one I'd trust myself with.) Rats, mice, and hamsters are precious little fuzzbeans. I love domesticated foxes, though I definitely don't want one of the first few generations, they're not really domesticated-domesticated yet. Most unfortunately, I'm a cat person in a dog family and my sister is potentially-lethally allergic to them. Then again, she doesn't visit me much...

• Winner x 2
  12. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

was rewatching Archer with a friend the other day, and i was like "you know, since i have a big streak of gray coming in at my temples, and with my current haircut and glasses, i kinda look like Cyril these days." and then i realized-- i also just, have, his outfit:

[​IMG]

IMG_4041.JPG

didn't actually mean to style myself after Cyril goddamn Figgis, but here we are!!

• Winner x 7
  13. Acey

I think you might just actually be his long-lost twin tbh.

14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Requesting opinions: so, I think we all in one way or another have seen a heat check through consumption on various peppers before, and it's always bothered me that they just eat them all in one sitting. Doesn't that skew the data quite dramatically? It'd be much more time consuming but I'd love to see a series of clips where a person eats one a day and takes notes and makes observances, but I do recognize that doing it that way would probably be even more harmful to your gut than just eating them all in a row. What do y'all think?

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Ugh 3 people called out of work today, and I feel guilty about telling her I can't come in. Today's my birthday and I really don't want to be there.

• Witnessed x 7
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

• Agree x 9
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Weird, it's working fine for me.

18. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I can't believe facebook has a worse Server outage than tumblr's had so far

• Agree x 5
  19. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

It just came back up for US and UK.

edit: Though, to exemplify how bad of a fuckup this was, they were locked out of their server rooms for a while because the keycard reader............ was on the same system as the rest of Facebook.

• Informative x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Instagram and Whatsapp were down too for a bit, or so I was told

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice