Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I for one have been losing my shit at the result I got for Pearlmethyst, which is now my icon here. It definitely seems to have gleaned that Amethyst Stevenuniverse is in some way involved in the request, which is honestly pretty impressive, but the result is absolutely unhinged and I love it so much.
    1E1EE5BE-77F1-4009-B1EC-755826258148.jpeg

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

There's a new Wawa that opened near my apartment in the last couple of days, and I knew I had to check it out. I ended up buying some gelato, which is nice because aldi's rarely has it. I got the mint fudge cookie.

• Winner x 4
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Desert rain frogs are so cute it kind of hurts to look at them.

• Agree x 6
  4. Acey

I deadass didn’t know Wawa was a real store that existed until like 2016. I thought dril made it up as a joke.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I hadn't even heard of it until I had a new englander roomie in college; then we roadtripped up to Katsucon and stopped at a wawa on the way and their cheese-stuffed pretzels converted me. we wuv wawa.

• Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree x 6
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

The logo is a goose because the Ojibway word for goose is wawa :D theres a town called Wawa on the north shore of Lake Superior with a hugeass statue of a goose
    Maybe i'll see wawa the store one day

• Informative x 5
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

The state I live in is divided nearly in half between Wawa Territory and Not Wawa Territory. I did not know this until I moved far enough into Not Wawa to not have an easy drive to any, and it is possibly one of my biggest regrets about coming out here.

• Witnessed x 3
  9. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

omg my family stopped at Wawa the town during a camping trip when i was 11 or 12! i had forgotten about that until you mentioned the giant goose.

• Winner x 3
  10. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

this motherfucker

[​IMG]

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I was gonna say I hate geese but that would be inaccurate. I respect geese but am very afraid of them and the powerful fuck off energy that they emit

• Agree x 7
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Can someone magically appear at my house and cut my hair, I'm dying X(((. People keep telling me it looks good but they haven't seen just woke up me or straight out of the shower me and the time it takes to wrangle it

I'd just shave it but our razor has gone kaput

IMG_20211116_184802_compress41.jpg

• Witnessed x 3
  13. Acey

Witnessed friendo D: I’m FINALLY getting a haircut tomorrow and I am so fucking relieved, my bangs keep falling in front of my eyes and I hate it!

In the meantime, maybe if you have some hairbands or hats you could whip those out? I find beanies especially nice for Hair Problems, and since winter is fast approaching that’ll provide some nice warmth too! I know that doesn’t fix the core issue though, I hope you can get it cut soon. :(

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yeah, clips, headbands, hair ties, and hats have been applied judiciously. My regular person I go to changed studios and charges a (well deserved) higher fee and is really far away now :( covid issues are also a wall; I feel like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Wormwitch

Think I might buy a nintendo switch just for the smt game. I'm a little disappointed it's console exclusive though.

• Like x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

• Winner x 4
  17. Acey

This definitely implies Something about the AO3 userbase, but I’ll be damned if I can figure out what.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  18. Wormwitch

What's the best latte to get at wawa? I'll be honest I've never had a latte before, but I have a coupon for a free one and I would hate to waste it.

• Like x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A total stranger asked me to hold her baby while she put her shopping cart away today. I was kind of baffled, but I did. Cute kid, if extremely trusting mother.

• Like x 5
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. Wormwitch

I haven't had anything coffee related to drink since I was a teen and my mom had me try the cold starbucks drink she was always buying and I hated the taste of it, but I tried the sugar cookie latte today and it's not bad? I probably wouldn't drink it again because there's a weird aftertaste, but it wasn't as gross as I remember the starbucks drink being. I think I might be the only white woman I know who has never had a pumpkin spice latte.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice