Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I think im thinking of someone else, but do you have diabetes? Not asking in a mean way, I just know from my sister who is diabetic that tattoos can get infected a lot easier if your blood sugars are out of whack. You might talk to a medical professional first. Sorry if I'm wrong!

Other than that I'm all for tattoos, I like to think of my body as a canvas that can display really pretty stuff if you get a good artist, and blank canvas has always bugged the shit out of me.

Oh also, it's different for everyone but you might look for some pain charts to help you decide where you'd like it, it's supposed to hurt more over the more bony areas

• Agree x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Was prediabetic for a while, it dropped back a little but might fluctuate. Not actually diabetic though.

• Informative x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Do I just listen to too many murder ballads, or did anyone else think the end of verse three in "Ode to Billie Joe" was supposed to imply the narrator threw Billie Joe off the bridge?

• Witnessed x 1
  4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Forgot how dark this movie was for a kid's movie. Loved the music so much though.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    • Agree x 2
  5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Man, the majority of brave little toaster is weird annoying voiced characters but I return to Worthless every few years. What a bizzarely intense look at the memories contained in our waste

• Agree x 2
  6. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

I cooked lots today! Fun cooking not chore cooking. It was neat.

And I am about ready to start my next painting. It's gonna be a fantasy/surreal take on a sports mascot. I am so pleased to be painting on the regular again...

...ah, Brave Little Toaster. I only watched that one once, at a friend's place. It was a little intense for tiny me.

• Winner x 6
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Deep dark confession: I still haven't seen The Brave Little Toaster.

• Agree x 1
  8. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I think I re-watched it in college at some point because I only had the vaguest memories of it?? when I was very young, my cousin hyperfocused on it and my mom hated the voices in it before her sister's child watched it on loop everywhere, so after that she pretty much made sure it did not enter our house.

I still, somehow, watched the direct to video sequel, The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars as a kid. I also definitely rewatched that in college and frankly, if you're looking for a weird bad movie to watch, I recommend it. Mars has sentient appliances on it.

• Useful x 1
  9. Wormwitch

• Winner x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wonder how it would affect HS canon if seadwellers
    exploded/collapsed without massive water pressure, like blobfish.
    Fef does seem to dive down pretty damn deep...

• Agree x 3
  11. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I've always vaguely assumed they - at least tyrians, maybe violets are more shallow water/pelagic types - were more like sperm whales and elephant seals, in that they can dive super deep but they have to come back up eventually for their health. Also I'm pretty sure any child of The Emissary has some sort of eldritch blessing on them to allow them to, you know, live near and visit their lusus.

• Agree x 2
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Probably makes more sense that way, but the idea of a fuchsia troll blobfishing is hilarious to me.

• Agree x 2
  13. Wormwitch

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Salem always decides he actually wants me to pick him up at times when I need both hands free.

• Winner x 3
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Lil sneaky

• Agree x 2
  17. Wormwitch

18. Wormwitch

Tried ramune for the first time today, and I really liked it! Wish there were more fruit sodas in America (besides orange I mean).

• Agree x 2
  19. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ramune is delish! Did you just get the standard flavor? Highly recommend melon if you encounter it, it's probably my favorite, but the default is delightful in its own right.

• Agree x 1
  20. Wormwitch

I got the strawberry ramune, but next time I might get the sour green apple one.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice