Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of ideas noted down for horror stories. I am... not confident with my ability to write them, so gotta go practice.

2. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Bought my coworker a squishmallow for her birthday, and one for myself too since our birthdays are right next to each other.

• Winner x 2
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Which ones? I love squishmallows, I have a hyena one

4. Wormwitch

• Winner x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Squishmallows are excellent.

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Highly recommend the novella "Cold Ennaline". Vaguely Lovecraftian with an asexual protagonist!

7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I love shopping at Lush, they always slip a few free samples into the bag <3 also their Lord of Misrule scent is AMAZING

8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

youtuber Dream is doing a face reveal tonight, and I think the level of parasociality his particular fans have reached is creepy, but I also can't not appreciate when a fandom has an occasion to go completely feral for a bit

9. Wormwitch

• Witnessed x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

"Liking October is boring. Instead you should be like me, and make "constant arterial spray of negativity" your signature internet personality trait."

• Agree x 3
  11. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I... man, I understand theoretically that some people's motivation complex works differently than mine and not everyone feels an immediate deep energy drain from being negative about something or being around people being angry... but still like, how does anyone have the energy to be genuinely angry that people like a month???

not to mention the weird... fake geek girl gatekeeping about liking october???? why does this person think people fake liking october????? what on earth???

I for one am actually more excited about october than usual this year because the summer was unbearably hot for like 4 months straight and i feel good stepping outside for the first time in forever

• Agree x 3
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Going through my blog archives and found a comment I made a while back that amused me again; "Neil Gaiman's Floating Market shifts and Scott Lynch's Shifting Revel floats".

13. Wormwitch

Pulling the glitter pens out of storage to take notes about the horror movies I'm watching this month.

• Winner x 2
  14. Wormwitch

I didn't really feel one way or another about a.i. art until I saw someone on twitter say people like Bob Ross and Pablo Picasso used a.i. and that's why their art was so consistant. Now I hate a.i. artists and their art and i don't want to hear about them.

• Witnessed x 4
  15. Wormwitch

Rewatched Perfect Blue because I love it so much, and it's probably my favorite animated movie ever! What's an animated movie you can never get tired of?

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Total opposites on the spectrum of what popular opinion might call "good", but Nausicaa and the very first SpongeBob movie! Nausicaa is beautiful and has excellent characters, and it's so like... Mystical. The first time I saw her lil furry squirrel thing bite her hand and she just focused on making it understand it was safe instead of reacting violently out of pain my whole worldview took a change.

SpongeBob just because it genuinely gets a laugh out of me every time and it's incredibly nostalgic

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Lilo and Stitch still holds up for me <3

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Princess Mononoke for me, it's my favorite movie <3

• Winner x 3
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh!!! I forgot fantasia! I've been obsessed since I saw it as a child, especially the night on bald mountain segment. That shit made me feel a l i v e

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

Found my old nice colored pencil set, it's been awhile since I've used colored pencil but I've been wanting to get back into it, planning on stretching myself with them on an art trade I just landed. ^_^

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice