Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

It's wild watching movies from the 60's and earlier because men act like no human should act. You saw this woman you don't know across the room, tried to buy her a drink she turned down, and she's clearly more interested in the jazz band than you why would you follow her home, ask her to take you upstairs and then try to kiss her. She's clearly not interested in you!

• Agree x 3
  2. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

I have Loads of Neat Foods planned this week. ^_^

• Winner x 3
  3. Wormwitch

Strange to see a coworkers name on the mail in ballot for member of the house of representatives. Had no idea she had any interest in politics.

4. Wormwitch

Not being able to recognize people's faces even if I've known them for years but I see the back of Malcolm McDowell's head and I'm like "Hey I know who that is!"

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I kinda want to go to build a bear for my birthday soon, but I'm terrified of getting sneered at because some ass somewhere decided stuffed animals are not for grown ups. It was a lot of fun when I was twelve, anyway.

I'm not talking get a bear and leave either, I want to stuff it and do the vacuum and fluff thing and pick out a little outfit and sign a fake birth certificate and e v e r y t h i n g

I'm probably just gonna go to a specialty root beer tasting place instead, but that's available to me any day. I want bear

6. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

If it helps, I've been to build-a-bear multiple times as a lone adult doing the whole shebang and not a single person has so much as looked at me sideways for it, or if they did it was too subtle for my autistic ass to actually notice.

• Useful x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Go get that bear!

• Winner x 3
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I was just scrolling through the build-a-bear website to see if they have any plant-themed bears so I could make a bad root bear pun, and I gotta say, I think you should definitely go to build-a-bear. it looks fantastic. theyve got dinosaurs.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  9. Wormwitch

Applied to a new position in the store I work at and I'm really hoping I get it! Anything to get away from being a cashier!

• Winner x 5
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Writing my first origfic horror story and planning to submit to the Nosleep Podcast! Wish me luck.

• Winner x 3
  11. CarnelianCoyote

All the best luck!!

Planning on having a quiet day, making myself some potato fritters for lunch and then doing a sketch and reading some library books probably. Have a small group thing tonight and will be bringing supplies for loaded nachos.

• Winner x 4
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

How does one go about getting permission to use copyrighted music on a YouTube channel? I was wondering what it'd take if I wanted to put my idea of a metalhead's exercise video channel into practice, because I fucking hate pop music and that's all any exercise channel uses.

• Like x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

First Silent Hill announcement that isn't a pachinko machine, a skateboard, or a wiki admin having a screaming meltdown about circumcision since the P.T. debacle! On the one hand, the rumors were unfortunately correct and they did decide it was a good idea to let Bloober Team make a Silent Hill 2 remake, and it looks dreadful. On the other hand, they also dropped a teaser for something called Silent Hill f, which has some really nice body horror aesthetic and lists Ryukishi07 as the writer. I am very tentatively optimistic that if Konami manages not to slam-dunk the project into the trash can again, it might actually be decent. And even if it's bad, it'll probably at least have some characters good enough to deserve a better game.

• Like x 1
  14. CarnelianCoyote

That feeling when I can't tell if it's mostly my brainweird or my environment that's been sucky lately. :(

....but on the other hand I do at least have drawing supplies and some freakin' gorgeous music.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Working on story where all the characters go by codenames and trying to figure out a good way to get a character to introduce themself as Curious Yellow.

16. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

... I mean if they all go by code names, why *not* just have them introduce that way? 'hi nice to meet you, if you hear someone talk about Curious Yellow, that's me' ?

17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

No, I mean like how to set up the sentence "I am Curious Yellow" - it's a movie joke - and the reasoning behind them picking it, since everyone's codenames relate to their backstory.

18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

TFW when you thought you were done being gaslit by your parents but you woke at 6 from a nightmare about your fucker of a dead dad so you kinda wanna work on your room to boost Project Rabbit but you know it means your mother will conclude that the nightmare and her subsequent refusal to give you an anti panic pill was a good thing

I am so fucking tired and I wound up having whiskey for breakfast

And I keep biting my arms because idk if I'm awake or not

If I see him when I open my door I will scream

• Witnessed x 4
  19. Wormwitch

I'm not planning on wearing a costume to work today, but I told a coworker I'd bring a tarot deck with me and maybe do readings if anyone was interested. Now I can't decide which of my decks to take! I've narrowed it down to 2 but I still can't decide. Do I take the bottanical deck or the wild unknown deck?

• Witnessed x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Leopard geckos look sort of like Baby Sinclair.

• Informative x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice