Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

Got a late start today, but I have had coffee and noodles and am settling in with my books, so I'm feeling OK.

Kitty-girl is sun-basking in the middle of the floor.

• Like x 1
  2. CarnelianCoyote

Finding the news really overwhelming. So much bad shit I can't control.

• Witnessed x 4
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Having one of those weeks where literally everything I say seems to turn into an argument and I'm pretty sure when those happen they're connected to my period somehow. Aaargh.

• Witnessed x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Interesting thing from Reddit:

• Like x 2
  5. CarnelianCoyote

I'm really not feeling so hot. Been sleeping a ton the past few days. Less tired than having trouble caring about shit. Pulling myself together if someone has expectations for me, but like... I'm not doing anything that's because I want it. Not sure how to get my energy back.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Why are some job positions so vague? What exactly does a research panelist do?

7. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Still no call back from any of the jobs I've applied to since I started applying on December 3. Maybe I should get out of retail while I can. Looking at the community college website for my county and wondering if I should try that just to take my mind off job searching and do something with my life.

• Witnessed x 5
  8. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

So I guess it’s become a thing that when I’m having a very nauseous hangover I listen to At The Ballet from A Chorus Line. The only time I’ve been sick from drinking I was listening to it and it’s just a very calming melancholy song that feels appropriate for the moment somehow

9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    snow :D

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  10. CarnelianCoyote

My sleep has been absolute shite lately and tonight was worse than usual. :( about to crawl back under the blankets and hope for a few more minutes of unconsciousness to bless me but who knows if it will work...

• Witnessed x 4
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

How the fuck is yogurt always so soothing, god. It gives my brain like, instant happiness and satisfaction. Especially fruit flavors, but a bit of plain Greek yogurt with honey is just as good

• Agree x 2
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

peach kefir god tier

• Agree x 1
  13. CarnelianCoyote

Slept sorta ok and have an art inspiration, so might do a bit of painting today??

• Like x 1
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Why do people keep commenting "the waffle house has found it's new host" on random YouTube videos? It's kinda scaring me actually

15. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Knowyourmeme says some Youtube guy I've never heard of told his followers to spam it to "gaslight the entire internet" as a "prank." :airquote:

• Informative x 3
  16. theambernerd

i genuinely just thought it was some offshoot of the waffle house employee catching a chair midair meme, like people were commenting it when some subject of that video should join the waffle house fighting roster. i was like 'seems like normal internet' and moved on

• Informative x 2
  17. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Okay so I watch this Aussie vet show on YouTube called Bondi Vet and I really enjoy it (I've loved animal rescue/vet style 'reality TV' since I can literally remember) but I had a bit of a Weird Moment this episode

One of the cases du jour was a goldendoodle with severe separation anxiety, and the owner was like "I've even tried giving him those puzzle food things, they keep him distracted for at least half an hour but then he's back to crying and howling the house down!" Showing some treat boards and a snuffle board similar to the ones I bought for my cats.

And I was like "wtf, lady, those are rookie numbers." Because Jet will happily tear through his within like, 10 mins tops.

So like, CONFIRMED: My obnoxious void cat is officially smarter than the average dog. *Sigh* No wonder he's such a monster to keep entertained :/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. theambernerd

Oh man yeah I remember watching an animal education facility's foxes tear through a simple puzzle food board in like 2 minutes, though being actual wild scavengers seems like cheating for those things lol

don't know if it works well for cats - they might just eat the paper - but i know people with parrots will hide food inside of little flimsy paper boxes stuffed with the like, paper fluff, so it actually takes some dexterous force to get to the food

• Agree x 2
  19. CarnelianCoyote

Yesterday was zero fun, but I'm staying up to paint and read tonight, so that should be nice.

• Witnessed x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I know the issues with landlords driving property prices up but discourse has left me wondering what the alternative would be for me if they didn't exist. I live in supported housing because I need a middleman to deal with getting things repaired and paperwork and backing me up when I tell the neighbours to shut the fuck up at four in the morning. I guess the obvious alternative would be a disability support worker whose employment isn't connected to my housing?

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice