Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Does anyone else get a little offended when someone calls you an angel in reference to disability? Like they've decided you're god's test for them, or for strangers being nice to you is their good deed for the day and they've decided you are completely faultless? It's dehumanizing af and makes me feel disincluded from everyone else.

• Witnessed x 8
    • Agree x 2
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I don't recall anyone ever doing that for me, but my disabilities don't manifest in "nice" ways so, uh, yeah. I'd feel weird if they did, either way.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

Feeling really happy and a little jittery. Gonna go see little sis tomorrow. Did I pack everything ok? Will the weather delay the planes?? I'm finally getting out of here, for a whole month. <3

• Winner x 4
  4. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Drank pink lemonade soda and it was pretty good. What's the weirdest soda flavor you've had?

• Winner x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So I used to work an escape room ticket booth at a Jellystone resort, and we also sold unusual sodas mostly from a company called rocketfizz. Here's the flavors I remember:

• Cotton candy (best seller by far)
    • Peanut butter and jelly
    • Mulberry
    • Butterscotch
    • Dark cherry
    • Birthday cake
    • Maple bacon (universally hated once you tried it. Lots of angry customers before it was allowed to be pulled)
    • Green apple jalapeƱo (staff favorite)
    We also had normal sodas, including big red and big blue, but one I'd never seen before and haven't seen since was big peach? Didn't know that was a thing dr pepper made til then.

There were others but I can't recall them

• Winner x 2
  6. Wormwitch

I don't normally like spicy foods but the sauce for these firecracker meatballs makes everything taste really good. I kind of estimated how much of the hot sauce I would need by watching what color the sauce was turning as I mixed it, so I can't give exact measurements. But the sauce is Sriracha, soy sauce, honey, and mayo.

• Like x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This is neat.
    [​IMG]

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  9. Wormwitch

Regretting letting this person into my genshin world, and also making my username an anime character. Maybe they are a teen??? I hope they are anyway. Because they seem to have very few filters. Wanting to roleplay in a gatcha game seems a bit strange, wanting to rp two anime characters is...too much for me.

• Witnessed x 3
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Realised I probably need to change my old Dreamwidth's name as it contains the number 88 and I didn't know that was a Nazi dogwhistle at the time. 88 was the room number of some OCs of mine because there were two of them and eight's my lucky number. Whoops.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Wish I could afford to buy people stuff on the wishlist thread. More motive to find work to do, I suppose.

• Agree x 3
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Same hat, I wish this all the time! I just want to give people nice things that they want :<

• Agree x 3
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ferrets aren't talking to me because I cleaned their ears. Ah well.

14. Wormwitch

Peanut mochi is not what I expected and don't think I'll get it again. It's not bad it's just kind of dry. It is just straight up filled with peanut butter so I'm not sure why I was surprised? Also when I saw the customer buying them I thought they looked like eggs lol.

The Nori Maki Arare crackers have a nice crunch, and I like the taste but nothing beats the shrimp chips for salty crunchy snacks.

Nicos choco sticks white crunchy are ok. The sweetness is very overpowering.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

i am a GENIUS. I noticed the main reason I don't floss is because I don't want to stand in the bathroom and do a thing for like five minutes when i'm sleepy. I brush no problem because it takes like, 30 seconds if I want it to (yes I know it should be more, i'm still in the phase of do the minimum so you don't not do it at all sh).

so. i brought a bag of floss picks to my bed!! and just use a tissue to wipe it. can watch youtubes and not be bored while doing a good for me thing! I have wanted to get into good teeth habits and failed for like... a decade?? really hoping this will help

• Winner x 3
    • Useful x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Every time I see the title How to Train Your Dragon, it sets the Simpsons song "Gonna Paint Our Wagon" going in my head and it's very annoying.

17. CarnelianCoyote

Brain funk hit me upside the head pretty bad today for the first time since coming back from sister's place. Not deep sads, but felt super tired and didn't want to eat/drink/medicate/exist. Kitty kept coming by to check whether I was ok. Finally started pulling it together this evening, still not excellent but got some food/meds/caffeine in me and got enough energy to care about doing basic activities. Reading some, want to see if I can order a couple things towards my cosplay for this summer and maybe get back to my poetry challenge.

• Witnessed x 2
  18. Wormwitch

I really want red bean buns.

• Agree x 1
  19. CarnelianCoyote

...just had a good first listen through an extremely vulnerable and emotionally complicated album focusing on processing religious baggage as a queer person, and found out *afterward* that the artist was a founding member in what used to be a fairly high-profile CCM band. Makes sense.

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Watching American Tail for a thing and remembering how when I first saw it I was so young I didn't even understand what America was. I definitely didn't appreciate the joke with the cats being chased onto a boat to Hong Kong specifically. Wow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice