Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Preferably comedies or anything lighthearted really. I just need something relaxing

2. Wormwitch

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm in a fic exchange and have to write a fic which is perfectly within my abilities, but the fact that I have to is making me not want to. I am of course going to do it, I'm just in that frustrating wah-you-can't-tell-me-what-to-do phase at the moment. Hate it when I do that.

ETA: Got it done! Was simple once I got started.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
    • Witnessed x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Saw an old thread here which mentioned all the fascinating images the commenter sees in Rorschach tests, and all I can see in them is along these lines...
    upload_2023-7-5_14-22-30.png

5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Just realized me receiving scam calls at work must look pretty funny to the patrons. I get hung up on really quick when they realize we're not a private business or household, but it looks like this to others:

"Hello, (City) Public Library, my name is (Deresto), how can I help you?" short pause "Sorry, you have the wrong number! *Hangs up immediately*"

Makes me laugh

• Like x 3
  6. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

haaa that's about exactly what my grandma does at home. she's just in the habit of always answering the phone and responds in the most hilarious, clipped responses to scammers. always fun

• Like x 2
  7. Wormwitch

Watching art shorts on youtube and trying to follow along. It's really relaxing, even if my art doesn't look as good as what's in the video. My hands shake too much for me to do anything with detail so I'm just painting water color flowers.

8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

is ao3 down for anyone else?

9. Wormwitch

Disappointed that the barnes and noble near me doesn't have a criterion section.

• Witnessed x 2
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Got a patch test done for a tattoo. I wanted to see what the needles felt like and make sure I wasn't allergic to the ink before committing to anything big.

• Like x 4
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I considered getting a Harry Potter emblem in trans flag colours, but I was warned off getting a spite tattoo. Will save that for a drawing on something that isn't flesh.

• Like x 1
  12. Wormwitch

Started reading Lord of the Mysteries after the anime trailer showed up in my YouTube feed.

13. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

Mostly been doing art and reading when not asleep. Trying Dogust (ish) this year. Also some fandom drawing stuff. And I'm up to 81 books finished this year so far.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I keep forgetting that most WWE wrestlers aren't actually named what their stage names are. Like the Undertaker is actually just some dude named Mark

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I wish I could have the confidence and sheer artistry to pull off Mrs Frizzle's drip. I seen her in banger after banger outfits every episode and I honestly want that for me

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, does this...

... remind anyone else of this?

17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

From comments on this vid:

18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Wurghhhhh I've got some really good feedback on my poetry lately which kinda makes me wanna find an open mic night but I've got nobody local to really go with and I dunwanna rock up alone wurghhhh

• Winner x 2
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

my local college radio station has a personalized station intro message from John Flansburgh :U

• Winner x 1
  20. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

This rules so hard oh my god

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice