Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

i kinda love nintendo sometimes. i mean, like, who the fuck else even TRIES this kind of shit

• Like x 1
  2. rje

rje here comes the sun

ahh my bf's doc put him on Prozac today, i'm happy cos he's been wanting to go on something for his v bad anxiety & depression but i'm nervous for him too, Prozac feels like one of those...rough SSRIs, the ones that mess with you a lot. i hope it goes ok

• Like x 1
  3. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Luke Cage?

4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@sirsparklepants
    [​IMG]
    alternately, (romantically gives you the bottle you used to murder someone so i can't blackmail you with it)

i was SO HAPPY THAT MY TRASHY VILLAIN SHIP WAS CANON. the build-up was subtle enough that i didn't know if they were doing it on purpose.

• Like x 3
  5. sirsparklepants

@blue I was pretty sure that was the show, but I only finished it last night - when you first posted I was on episode 8, I think.

Right???? That was so good. All the characters are so good. except Diamondback, I suppose he's a good character but he annoys the piss out of me. I don't even love to hate him, I just want him to get off my screen. I'm mad he's coming back, I want Villain Power Couple to keep on keepin' on, they're way better to go up against for Luke because he can't just hit the problem. But Shades and Mariah were both such good chracters. Claire and Misty starting to get along was So Good. I'm ehhh about the very end but I suppose it had to happen, narratively. But man, all the minor characters in that show were a++.

• Like x 1
  6. blue

diamondback is SO BORING, which is unfair because typically i'm a fan of the murderous-revenge-brother trope, but like...

my friend pointed out that we're told he's a badass criminal overlord but we ONLY see him losing his shit over luke so it's difficult to believe in his competence.

and he has too many one-liners and not enough actual character. the book-of-crazy bible ALMOST drew me back in, but then he became boring again immediately and his costume at the end was shitty and dumb.

... i spent the middle twenty minutes of the last episode like "they're doing wrap-up? nooo there's still so much of this episode left! i'm worried! what's gonna go wrong! i'm sure mariah had a plan other than "get arrested" guys!

and then, lo, she did. she and shades are both so fucking smug, they're perfect for each other...

my friend made a joke about her villain trash ship for this show and so when he was talking her through murder aftermath i was like HMMMM and she was like yeah that's the one. but she did not spoil me for anything so i spent a significant stretch of time like ... suspicious and definitely not thinking it would be canon. and then the entire stretch from (romantic bottle-gifting) to "are you ready baby" to the final shot of them i was like OH!! OH IT ISNT JUST OUR WEIRD SHIP!! THEY WERE DOING IT ON PURPOSE

claire and misty are so great. misty/claire/luke ot3, tbh -- i ALSO love misty and claire's antagonistic relationship resolving into friendship(?).

and yeah about the end -- as soon as shades said he left the papers in the barbershop i was like, oh, that's convenient, can somebody on team luke go grab those right away please,

but it took long enough for anybody to find them that he had to go to prison anyway I GUESS. i also guess it is thematically necessary but dangit i want him to come back. mostly because i want s2 and i want more conflicted-about-her-values angsty misty and badass claire and villain power couple kicking ass and

i really liked this show maybe this should be in a thread for it instead of fishin', lol.

• Like x 1
  7. SpruceZeus

[​IMG]

• Like x 8
  8. sirsparklepants

@blue it's now Housework Day for me but I like your thoughts and if you made a Luke Cage thread I would be there :)

• Like x 2
  9. SpruceZeus

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  10. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I love the lovingly rendered cgi blood spatter, especially the way it's just hanging there getting some sweet air while the dude has already had time to fly backwards, and the way there's so much of it while the dude's nose isn't so much as bloodied.
    Sweet fluid instabilities, tho.

• Like x 2
  11. blue

a play in one act

ME, to FANFIC CHARACTERS: ok guys talk about your feelings
    PETER NUREYEV, CON ARTIST: you know, i could probably avoid this conversation entirely if i kissed him
    JUNO, DISTRACTED BY KISSING: huh what? yeah whatever
    ME: goddammit

• Like x 6
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

We're babysitting my sis' gf's lttle sister whos four and she keeps asking for five nights at freddy videos? I wish i had the fear resistance of this small child.

• Like x 1
  13. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I woke up at 3-ish in the morning and spent about 5 minutes poking around my sheets and using my cellphone for a light to look for one of my earplugs
    which was still in my ear, which I realized after that 5 minutes. not sure why I didn't feel it or why I was convinced it had fallen out
    luckily I managed to get back to sleep, so the incident didn't leave me hellishly tired or anything

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. SpruceZeus

15. SpruceZeus

[​IMG]

• Like x 11
  16. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

• Like x 2
  17. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

18. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I wanted to share this song with someone so I looked it up on Youtube, as one does, and I am so delightedly confused now.

• Like x 1
  19. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

image.jpeg
    help me

• Like x 2
  20. SpruceZeus

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice