Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

anxiety is like having a drama queen living in my brain. things happen and it's like, "obviously, this is the worse ever! the end is nigh!" and then i look at reality and reality's like, "oh, actually, everything's chill. stop being so dramatic."

• Like x 4
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

[​IMG]

• Like x 15
  3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

You know what I'd like more of in fiction? Actual Science Aesthetic - so like multi-thousand-or-million-dollar equipment and then the sample prep slides are literally a sanded-down piece of broken normal microscope slide scotch taped to the back of a very precisely cut piece of metal, and all your analysis programs are statistically powerful but have some windows 95-ass interface up on your glowy blue futuretech holoscreen.

edit: forget peaceful techy cyan glow, hope you like some 100% saturation primary and secondary colors on neutral grey, motherfuckers

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like x 16
  4. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I just sort of recently was thinking about how easy it was for people to die as kids in the past and i'd never thought too much about my survival likelihood and when i did generally thought i'd be alright, like, i've got some pretty decent genes.
    and then i remembered that i was born with a condition that allowed stuff to go from my bladder to my kidneys and would have almost definitely died from the first UTI i ever got because of kidney infection
    whoops. nope, pre-antibiotics world, i'm not about you

• Like x 5
  5. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Similarly, I would have died aged 7/8/9-ish from appendicitis.

My brother would also be dead from diabetes, were it not for modern medicine, were it not for the fact that he wouldn't even be born because my dad would have already died before him or my youngest sister were born from cancer, assuming that I'm getting my timelines right and my other sister wouldn't be not-born as well.

So yeah, I'm pretty grateful for modern medicine.

• Like x 3
  6. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

id be dead at like...............10-11 from a rly infected knee cut

7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Either 6ish from very severe strep throat or 15ish from pneumonia.

Edit: thinking about this has made me realize how many bad health things I've had. Tonsilitis, blocked up gallbladder, pancreatitis, some sort of inflammatory bowel disease, the aforementioned strep + pneumonia, impacted wisdom teeth, bursitis.... Plus the mental health issues.....

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Holy shit, this.

• Like x 1
  9. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@amberbydreams I'd be joining you in club dead from kidney nonsense.

• Like x 1
  10. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Probably not dead of anything (at least, not any of the ailments I suffered in the life I have led) but if alive, an absolutely useless creature unable to see an inch in front of her nose, plagued by intense headaches and constantly sick to her stomach. Either particularly useless part of the work force or really reluctant young mother.

• Like x 2
  11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

appendicitis at twelve

and i guess, before that, i had crazy headaches and fainted a whole bunch because i didn't eat enough protein. tho i guess i wouldn't have cared about *nature* as much in the Past, so maybe that wouldn't have happened.
    also i can't see for shit. my fam only found out i needed glasses because i cheated on the sight test in second grade and then i went home and told mom i probably needed glasses.
    huh.

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I love this character design, especially that villain * heart eyes *

• Like x 2
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I promise ill stop posting minisodes after this but i am so goddamn charmed by this one? Its so cute, and i love the attention to detail

14. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

• Like x 4
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I love meme collages

• Like x 3
  16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Why are decorative couch cushions so uncomfortable? Stiff, scratchy materials, awkward shapes... you gotta have a couple comfy pillows tucked away in easy reach. Maybe in a storage ottoman.

• Like x 6
  17. lobo

lobo Fandom Trash

Went to an anime convention this weekend, which was fun. But at the con I had several of those moments of "oh yeah, people have boundaries that are totally different from mine and I keep forgetting that (insert thing) is something a lot of people aren't so chill with. Oops"

18. blue

blue hightown funk you up

tw: hypothetical sibling incest, hypothetical necrobestiality (it's,, about philosophy and ethics)
    IMG_2411.JPG
    #necrobestialitygate2k16 (was it 15?) makes an appearance in my reading

(to clarify, necrobestialitygate was a large tumblr argument about one of the OTHER examples haidt proposed, in which a guy buys a dead chicken, has sex with it, then cooks and eats it)

• Like x 3
  19. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

There is legitimately no excuse for this and it probably won't make sense to anyone who doesn't know a weird bit of Armada canon
    im sorry.png

20. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I had to read that book! I hated it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice