Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

raise your hand if you think Toby Fox is a hella awesome composer

this is a trick question all of your hands should be up

• Like x 7
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

you know what i love? Grant Morrison wrote New X-Men with the express purpose of revitalizing the comic, cutting out all the crap that didn't work, turning the focus from superheroing to sci-fi, etc, etc. and then Joss Whedon comes along right after him and immediately undos hiz work. Costumes are back, superheroing is back, people come back from the dead... it's weirdly endearing to me. i dunno. i like both runs a lot. it's interesting to see such a drastic change in dirrection.

3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

So what I'm getting from this tumblr post
    Is that there is an alternate universe out there somewhere
    In which @jacktrash and @seebs are a straight-up despotic, Machiavellian evil overlord couple

• Like x 7
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Someone should write this.

• Like x 6
  5. Wiwaxia

So today I got to blow like 300 dollars of school monopoly money at the school store buying shit for a food drive before said school monopoly money evaporated (end of the semester).

It's amazing how satisfying it is to just stick your arm out and sweep a whole shelf of food onto your cart. :D

• Like x 5
  6. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

One of my favourite parts of adulting is the learned skill of not overthinking emails. Today I had a slightly sensitive email to write that I've been putting off for a week. I drafted it - total bare bones - this afternoon. I just came back to it and thought "actually, this is polite enough and it's all the information I need. Send." Not the first time this has happened.

• Like x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

ya'll, look at this. this is like. the best candy cane knife i've ever made.

IMG_20151217_204201.jpg

• Like x 13
  8. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

I am genuinely impressed. Great hilt-vs-blade distinction.

• Like x 2
  9. Wiwaxia

okay, how on earth is "barry bendy lozengy" a piece of real blazon.

Unrelatedly, anyone know what heraldic tinctures rhyme with "endy"?

• Like x 1
  10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I understand each of those modifiers separately but have no goddamn clue what they make combined.

• Like x 1
  11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

[​IMG]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like x 9
  12. Morven

Evilness intensifies.

13. swirlingflight

I have to admit, I deliberately posted a couple of clever things, then started refreshing on that page to get the screenshot. I almost missed it.

14. Morven

I am going to have to do some work to catch up with you dammit :)

• Like x 1
  15. swirlingflight

I advise rampant posting in both CDCF and WT, as well as doing some art and fandom stuff.

16. Morven

Certainly doing the WT part, playing 3 characters now all of whom are chattery it seems

• Like x 1
  17. swirlingflight

Okay, so I'm adjusting myself in my seat to be cozy and yet also upright enough for typing, and something's slipping out of my pocket and under my butt? And I'm thinking, oh wait, I don't want to risk accidentally sitting on my phone, but wait, that's not my phone because my phone is charging...?

Good thing I thought it was my phone and carefully didn't sit hard. I'd completely forgotten I had two screwdrivers in that pocket. Somehow. I'm not really sure how I forgot that.

• Like x 2
  18. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Weird thing my job has made me realise:

My ability to distinguish between fabric textures is insane. It's mostly touch. Like, there's a ton of different "tech" athletic fabrics because each brand has copyrighted their specific design (UnderArmor vs Nike vs Reebok vs...) and each of those has variations on that specific tech fabric (hot weather vs cool vs cold weather vs water resistant vs...)

And I can find stuff by looking at a description and getting my grubby little hands all over the product. It's WEIRD

ETA: I just did it, no shit. I've been looking for a single pair of golf shorts for three days. I sat down in front of a rack of identical black shorts I'd already scanned the tags on twice and started playing with them. Sure enough, one of them had been mistagged and was the pair I've been looking for. What the SHIT

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    • Like x 2
  19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i think it's rather interesting how tumblr-being-tumblr has made me identify a lot with aaron burr from hamilton. 'cause, like, i have a feeling that younger me would never have expected to feel any affinity with him.

like, "talk less, smile more" is basically my formula for surviving on tumblr, since i know how vicious people on there can get towards art and opinions they think are Problematic and it's scary, honestly.

and like, i admire alexander hamilton and his ability to voice his opinions loudly even when people are hostile towards them, but... well... admiring that doesn't mean i actually possess that quality, no matter how much i would like to.

basically, hamilton is the ideal and burr is the reality, for me.
    or "burr in the streets, hamilton in the sheets." lol

and yeah, hamilton and burr's conflict strikes close to home for me, since it's the type i have with myself, really, with what i wish i was brave enough to do and the fear that prevents me from doing it. it's what happens within my own mind everyday.

also, the line, "i am inimitable. i am an original." from wait for it is... just perfect.

so many burr feels... BURR.

• Like x 1
  20. Silvereye

Silvereye 89 White Paladin Traverses The Cosmos

The national television is showing reruns of the annual year-end comedy show. And when I say comedy I mean "blacker than tar and burns like a forest fire" sketch show titled The Mood Ruiner. I have not wince-laughed so hard in months. I love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice