Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

If I'm feeling iffy, I'll have a small pack of unsalted potato crisps and an electrolyte drink. I don't tend to eat a lot anyway, so that's my go-to.

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Plain bread or rice is mine, mozzarella balls if those are parsing as Not Food. Older bro has started experimenting with gravy/dumpling sauce, and that adds a good pop of flavor without being too heavy.

3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Thanks for all the input so far! The thought of any of my usual choices is not good at the moment, so I'm going to try some of these. Especially something ginger.

4. lobo

lobo Fandom Trash

I bought ginger candy at an Asian grocery store in town, and when I had an angry belly I just took a fistful of them to work with me to stash in my apron pocket. Mint tea is also good for an upset stomach. And add some honey to the tea and it's great for a sore throat, too :D

• Like x 3
  5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i love this rhyming twitter bot

a lot of the poems it makes feel like they mean something, even though they are just random collections of tweets that happen to rhyme

• Like x 3
  6. valenstyne

valenstyne Went out for cigarettes, never came back

So a bunch of sunken WWII ships have apparently gone walksies and I am fascinated.

• Like x 2
  7. Are images in posts not loading for anyone else? Or am I the only one having an issue?

8. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I just saw a fictional world map for a novel, and I literally can't think of anyone who wouldn't be offended by the Middle East part.

• Like x 1
  9. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

I'm intrigued.

• Like x 1
  10. palindromordnilap

upload_2016-11-17_16-39-29.png
    Light grey is the United Kingdom of Israel and Jordan, green is the Persian Caliphate, and the various dark green/black bits are Iraqi, Kuwaiti, Lebanese, Syrian and Palestinian territories.
    Bonus points: Egypt is split into lower and upper Egypt, and the brown bit at the bottom, which covers Ethiopia and Djibouti, is the Kingdom of Judah AKA the Ethiopian empire.

... Now that I think about, people who don't give a single fuck about the Middle East might not be particularly concerned by this, so, I guess not everyone would be offended.

11. palindromordnilap

Also note that New Zealand is split into "New Gondor" and "New Arnor". Because millenia of culture getting thrown away for the sake of a Lord of the Rings reference is totes okay.

12. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

I'm not super well-up on the Middle East, but is that something to do with Israel's expansionist tendencies, and the fact that there's no Palestine at all on the map?

13. palindromordnilap

Technically, there are Palestinian territories on the map, they're part of the dark grey ones. But essentially, either you get pissed off at Israel being all over the place, Iran being all over the place, both of them being all over the place, Israel and Jordania uniting for some reason, your country being reduced to a tiny spot not even marked as a country but as a "territory", your nation not even being there...

• Like x 1
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

imrs.php.jpeg

• Like x 8
  15. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Yes please I would like to take Western North Carolina into my state, it's been lovely every time I've been.

• Like x 1
  16. blue

blue hightown funk you up

THEY JUST DIDN'T PUT LONG ISLAND IN THE FUCKIN MAP

>:|

edit to clarify: i understand it's watershed-based & so islands are kinda ??, but STILL

• Like x 2
  17. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

• Like x 1
  18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

They put in the islands in Puget Sound though (well, some of them), so I have no idea why they'd leave Long Island out!

:mystery:

• Like x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

paging @Ruevian I found something that made me immediately go "!!!! MUST SHOW" [X]

[​IMG]

• Like x 7
  20. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

[​IMG] !!!!

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice